Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I am trying to OC my computer and I think that I am having temperature problems. I can get it to boot and do all the benchmarks but when I do the torture test in prime 95. Temp2 in speedfan(not sure where this sensor is) keeps going up slowly when it gets to 40 the computer reboots. My highest cpu temp that I have seen is 49. I am trying to run at 11x228 on my 3400+ clawhammer with C0 stepping.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandron19

I need help. I am trying to OC my computer and I think that I am having temperature problems. I can get it to boot and do all the benchmarks but when I do the torture test in prime 95. Temp2 in speedfan(not sure where this sensor is) keeps going up slowly when it gets to 40 the computer reboots. My highest cpu temp that I have seen is 49. I am trying to run at 11x228 on my 3400+ clawhammer with C0 stepping.

49C is not really a high CPU temp. I wouldn't be sure its that.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandron19

I don't think that it is the CPU temp. I am thinking that maybe it is the northbridge temp.

If rebooting is the issue the most common cause is a failing Power Supply. Temp can be a problem also but try a spare PS see if it fixes anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
temp 2 in speedfan is always northbridge

thats your chipset

look on your mobo for a small heatsink without a fan and put one on it this should help
if thats the problem

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superme

thats your chipset

look on your mobo for a small heatsink without a fan and put one on it this should help
if thats the problem
temp 2 is northbridge? which one is cpu then?

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
temp 2 is not necessarily northbridge, you mobo might not even have a NB sensor. how many temps show up in speedfan? one of them is probably hard drive remember.

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo3
temp 2 is not necessarily northbridge, you mobo might not even have a NB sensor. how many temps show up in speedfan? one of them is probably hard drive remember.
ill pm you w/ a screenshot cuz i dont wanna steal his thread

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superme

thats your chipset

if thats the problem

thats not true. temp 2 on every board Ive used speedfan on has been CPU, temp one is NB.
fact is which temp is which can very in speedfan dependong on MB manufacture.l

BTW for the person who started this thread, I dont think your NB temp is the prob. at 40*c it should be fine. it is a hot chip, and on the MSI boards its known to run upwards of 45*c.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDriver
thats not true. temp 2 on every board Ive used speedfan on has been CPU, temp one is NB.
fact is which temp is which can very in speedfan dependong on MB manufacture.l

BTW for the person who started this thread, I dont think your NB temp is the prob. at 40*c it should be fine. it is a hot chip, and on the MSI boards its known to run upwards of 45*c.
I know that Temp 1 is my CPU. Temp 2 I think is Northbridge. I have a temp 3 also but I do not know what it is. The HDD temperature is labeled as such. If it isn't the Northbridge that is the problem then I wonder what it could be. I have the DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250 GB mobo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts