Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i need is a block, and i can complete my first ever WC loop!

Thing is though, i don't know which one to get. I was looking at the XSPC Raystorm, is that the best price/performance? or am i just paying extra for some lights? Im looking to order from FrozenCPU or PerformancePcs (Performance seems to be cheaper)
Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Go with whatever looks best to you all the new cpu blocks that came out recently perform fairly close to each other, from a fraction of a degree to a few. The rasa cost around $50 while the Ek supreme hf can cost around $80 and they perform within a couple degrees of each other but the Rasa is still butt ugly imo. Doesn't hurt to pay a little extra for something better looking
biggrin.gif
The Raystorm is great, fairly low priced and it looks amazing too.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
The Raystorm is a great performer, especially at its price point. $62 is pretty cheap. About the only thing cheaper that can compete, are the HK 3.0 blocks with acetal tops.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post

The Raystorm is a great performer, especially at its price point. $62 is pretty cheap. About the only thing cheaper that can compete, are the HK 3.0 blocks with acetal tops.[
Link?

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have to put in a recommendation for my Swiftech Apogee HD. This thing is nice.

·

13,038 Posts
I vote XSPC RayStorm too. Best price/performance for sure.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
XSPC RayStorm
EK Supreme HF

You pick. They're both similar but the EK looks better. It also costs more I think.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Reading around, I found that the Raystorm and Apogee HD are pretty much at the top of the game right now. See for yourself here:

Big ass Roundup

Raystorm vs. Apogee HD

I guess the main differences are:
- price
- looks (quite different, apogee is available in white also, and even gold!)
- possibility of parallel flow setup with Apogee (see here)

I would also consider the fact that XSPC should release a memory cooler soon, which sports a similar look to the raystorm, if you're into that kind of things (well at least it looks similar...clicky)

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yea, good luck with PPCs...

They're liable to send you a rasa block and either

a) Tell you that they're no longer selling the Raystorm, and that they're switching to the Rasa, but it's okay because it's the same thing...

b) Tell you that they did, in fact, send you the correct item, but you're showing them something you got from someone else, not the product they sent you. Therefore, you're attempting to RMA a product you didn't order from them.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkatral View Post

Yea, good luck with PPCs...
They're liable to send you a rasa block and either
a) Tell you that they're no longer selling the Raystorm, and that they're switching to the Rasa, but it's okay because it's the same thing...
b) Tell you that they did, in fact, send you the correct item, but you're showing them something you got from someone else, not the product they sent you. Therefore, you're attempting to RMA a product you didn't order from them.
wowowow what? so don't order from them?

Alright well i havent bought anything yet then. I need tubing, a 120 rad and a block so where should i order from?

Also at this point i think i am between the Raystorm and the Heatkiller 3.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts