Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you have a soundcard installed??? if so should i install realtek via DRIVER SWEEPER
now that i got it. from phyxion.net if anyone else needs the link to get DRIVER SWEEPER its free and great

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Absolutely. Uninstall everything related to onboard audio using the "Programs and Features" control panel.

Then after that, reboot into Safe Mode.

Once you are in Safe Mode, use Driver Sweeper.

Reboot when prompted.

Don't go back into Windows 7 just yet: instead, disable onboard audio through the BIOS first.

After disabling the BIOS, get back into Windows 7 and get back to having fun.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by leekaiwei
View Post

May I ask what is the reason for this?

It minimizes the risk of having problems due to conflicts and other instability. Some people can get away with not worrying about it while others have no choice but to completely disable their onboard audio (when they get a sound card).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well 2 cables so far so good no conflict even with onboard still on should i just keep it this way.. if there is no performance gain or anything i dont see why!>

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

It minimizes the risk of having problems due to conflicts and other instability. Some people can get away with not worrying about it while others have no choice but to completely disable their onboard audio (when they get a sound card).

I have read that many BC2 hard lockups are related to sound..I get those hard lockups, do you think it is because I have onboard drivers installed and turned on as well as my sound card drivers installed and it turned on?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
There's a chance that disabling it in the BIOS (after uninstalling it as I described above) could speed up boot time both in the motherboard's Power-On Self Test and in Windows due to having one less piece of hardware on the board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah
View Post

I have read that many BC2 hard lockups are related to sound..I get those hard lockups, do you think it is because I have onboard drivers installed and turned on as well as my sound card drivers installed and it turned on?

Maybe. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people have general problems due to this.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Ahh I see. Works fine for me in Windows but I disabled in BIOS for Linux.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts