Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,173 Posts
I would contact the seller and ask for a refund, if he gives you a hard time, you can then file a dispute with Paypal, but those take awhile to settle sometimes.
 

·
How many volts!?
Joined
·
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

I would contact the seller and ask for a refund, if he gives you a hard time, you can then file a dispute with Paypal, but those take awhile to settle sometimes.
Listen to this man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I had the same problem. I got a defective card on ebay. Though the seller did state that he wasn't sure it worked. I just RMA'd it and chalked it up to bad luck.
 

·
semi-legit
Joined
·
7,981 Posts
If the seller knowingly gave you a bum card, they should be held accountable for it. I would personally contact the seller, then eBay (if need be) just because it's the right thing to do.

As for RMAing...well, that could depend on the card manufacturer (if it's a serial # based warranty it's usually pretty painless).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
I'd say if it's bad but you can RMA it, I'd at least contact the seller to be reimbursed for shipping to the hardware manufacturer. Either way you have to ship it. If the seller wants to give you a hard time, well, thats what they made negative feedback for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,990 Posts
There are too many people on Ebay who will scam a few customers here and there because they have a high customer rating and know how to lie their way out of the situation. I'd play it by ear with the seller. If he seems dodgy stick it to him, because if he's scamming he wouldn't be if everyone he screwed stood up for themselves. If he's cooperative I'd just ask for shipping for the RMA. There are plenty of cards that are DOA from the manufacturer nowadays, it might've just been bad luck.

mod edit - removed swearing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
I just ran into kinda the same thing on ebay. I bought what I thought was an msi 470. for 175$. Well once I got it didn't look like the card he said it was. Personally I think it is a 465 unlocked to a 470. It also has 2 different serial numbers on it, one of them the stick is cut in half. Guy claims he bought it new. But since it is a 465 which was a dumbed down 470 and it was unlocked able I'm not super worried about it.
 

·
Reject the system
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
I hate Ebay so much. No protection for buyers.

Last time I had a similar issue with buying hardware on Ebay, Paypal/Ebay said 'you have product, they have money. Case closed, thanks for settling your dispute'

There is just no safety for buyers and that's why I never use Ebay for like....anything anymore. Can't trust Ebay too make things right and Sellers always have the upper hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
Telling you irrelevant information of his expertise and the previous system of the computer is a total red herring.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

How is that relevant to the fact that you received a broken graphics card again? He should acknowledge the fact and try and be helpful rather than put the ball back in your court.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
I know I sold a sapphire ref 6950 a few days ago on here, and shipped it, and it was damaged in shipping. The customer contacted me right away, and we worked out a deal on return shipping and such, and I am going to be dealing with the RMA. I personally would want to know right away, and what I could do to fix it. Too many times does someone ignore the problem and change a username.... unfortunately, cant do that with paypal....once your accounts are registered, they dont get "UN registered". He should do the right thing and work with you on it, atleast cover shipping, if not more.
 

·
How many volts!?
Joined
·
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

Contacted the seller and he says he works with workstations, servers, and business computers. Apparently this card was in a business computer? Not sure what businesses use reference 6950s? I mean, since it's reference it makes sense, but it's Asus, not AMD. So I'm not sure.
What do you think?
Well the card is made by AMD.

Asus is just a company who makes their own version of it. (Personalizing wise.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post

I know I sold a sapphire ref 6950 a few days ago on here, and shipped it, and it was damaged in shipping. The customer contacted me right away, and we worked out a deal on return shipping and such, and I am going to be dealing with the RMA. I personally would want to know right away, and what I could do to fix it. Too many times does someone ignore the problem and change a username.... unfortunately, cant do that with paypal....once your accounts are registered, they dont get "UN registered". He should do the right thing and work with you on it, atleast cover shipping, if not more.
Luckily he contacted me back right away telling me to keep him updated on the RMA information. He seems like he wants to help from what I can tell. I'm definitely going to ask for compensation if there is shipping fees. For a $200+ card, I would only imagine that it won't be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1 View Post

Well the card is made by AMD.
Asus is just a company who makes their own version of it. (Personalizing wise.)
I knew that, but typically if it's a workstation, it would run a straight reference design from the OEM manufacturer.
 

·
How many volts!?
Joined
·
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

I knew that, but typically if it's a workstation, it would run a straight reference design from the OEM manufacturer.
Oh okay, sorry for the confusion on my part..
tongue.gif
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top