Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have an m3a78-t motherboard, I received Second 4830. I have the official ATI xfire bridge. I put it on the second 3rd slot, further away from the first slot. or the cpu. But for somereason, it wont recognize it. When i put it on the second slot, it gets recognized, but i hear its 16x/4x when its on the middle slot. I wanted it 8x/8x. I was wondering if n e one here has the same issue w/these mobo or configuration? Should i Uninstall the driver and reinstall it while the mobo are intact? running out of ideas.. had the same problem with my 4670's as well..

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
It didn't work for me at first either, only in 16+4, what I had to do was leave it connected in 8+8 and uninstall the ati drivers, then reinstall them while in the 8+8 slots and it worked fine after that. To note, the performance will be pretty much the same, but your temps on that top card are going to drop drastically, like 30+ degrees at load, that's the only reason I fought for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great, thanks!! I'm gonna uninstall the drivers, and do the driver sweep, then reinstall it, I really do hope this works, cuz i thought i've done this plenty of times =\\

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the process atm. Downloading the newest cat and drivers.. cross my fingers, cuz im gettin tired of using 16x/4x lol

** EDIT **

Reinstalling now..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WORK!!

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
When going crossfire, you need to install the cards together with crossfire ribbon attached. First uninstall all of the drivers in add/remove programs. Reboot into safe mode, use driver sweeper to remove remaining drivers and registry entries. Turn off pc, install both cards, and attach crossfire ribbon. Boot into windows, install latest drivers. Reboot one more time and you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001
View Post

When going crossfire, you need to install the cards together with crossfire ribbon attached. First uninstall all of the drivers in add/remove programs. Reboot into safe mode, use driver sweeper to remove remaining drivers and registry entries. Turn off pc, install both cards, and attach crossfire ribbon. Boot into windows, install latest drivers. Reboot one more time and you should be good to go.

This is how I did it as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Status Update..

I made sure to remove the drivers, used drivers sweepers, also checked registry to make sure, I shut down, i rebooted. i reinstalled the LATEST drivers and catalyst. Rebooted. Shut down.. did every damn thing, have the ati bridge connected, i see the cards running, but its still not showing up... I'm bummed.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Install the card not showing up ALONE, but itself, just to check. Use the same pci-e slot, you have been using for that card.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
This interesting info on your mobo may or maynot help, if you are not already aware of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legit Motherboard Reviews

The Asus M3A78-T motherboard has 3 x16 PCI-E slots on it. The top PCI-E slot is fully 2.0 compliant, and runs at a full x16 mode. The black PCI-E slot is also fully 2.0 compliant, but runs at x4 speeds only, while the fully 2.0 compliant white slot runs at a maximum of x8 speeds.

The board does support regular crossfire (you would want to run it in the blue and white slots)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
card worked, bus worked, so i switched it around, now it reads it but it said it was incompatible, so i am uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling it. it is weird though, I got the same exact box, same model, but the one i bought from microcenter is slightly longer then the one i got from neweggs..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rico2001
View Post

This interesting info on your mobo may or maynot help, if you are not already aware of it.

yeah i read that b4.. its what im having problems with, the white slot, but i think i may have gotten it to work. i switched teh cards around.. it recognized it, but when it tried to install, it failed saying it was incompatible, so now im uninstalling n reinstalling... it shows both cards now at 8x/8x.. hope this works...
thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
********** UPDATE **************

Switching cards worked, i am now fully xfired at 8x/8x... I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Now oc'ing both cards at 650/1000.. You think i can go further? like lets say 750/1200? it allows me to do it with the new card, but i dont know bout my other one.. i think my other one only goes to 650/1000...

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
nice! enjoy your crossfire.

hmm just try it

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Going right into oc’ing, huh. Why don’t you run some baseline benches to see where you are at stock settings. How much did you gain with the second 4830? I’m interested to see what (2) 4830’s can do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well at stock, its at 575/900mhz.. both card, didnt run the benchmark, but I will and give u an update.. then i will oc it and re-run and see if it makes much more of a difference, i was told 2x 4830 is equals to one nvidia 260 xt and is in-between a 4850/4870.

UPDATE ***

I managed to oc one at 740/1090 and the other at 650/1000..

will be doing benchmark at stock.. will update this as soon as possible..

*** STOCK BENCH 3dmark06 = 11445 ***

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is weird, im playin aoc right now, and im avg at 22-24fps.. at this very busy city.. I think i got a better fps with single running at 16x... i avg'ed at 30-40fps with single card.. but then again, my ping is 78-80ms.. could that affect my fps?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts