Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
4 weeks ago I have ordered my 3rd CL case... S8S.

My prior orders where about a year, since then the processing times have changes dramatically, If I'm not mistaking I waited 3, maybe 4 weeks for my previous case.

If you guy have ordered recently while the processing time indicated 8 weeks, did you have to waited the whole 8 weeks or did you get your case before that?

I have fallen in love with Caslabs cases the moment I received my first SMH10 years ago, but this time the length of processing time is not working well with me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
4 weeks ago I have ordered my 3rd CL case... S8S.

My prior orders where about a year, since then the processing times have changes dramatically, If I'm not mistaking I waited 3, maybe 4 weeks for my previous case.

If you guy have ordered recently while the processing time indicated 8 weeks, did you have to waited the whole 8 weeks or did you get your case before that?

I have fallen in love with Caslabs cases the moment I received my first SMH10 years ago, but this time the length of processing time is not working well with me.
I live in the UK. When I purchased my S8S last year I had to wait 8 weeks for the process time. After that 8 weeks was up they shipped my case to the UK Extremely quickly... So no issues at all and the whole process was as described on their website in terms of waiting time. If you love Caselabs like I do, the wait time is no worry as at the end of the day, you're getting a case with build quality and visual appeal that's hard to competitors to match :)

Hope this was helpful

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that wasn't fair question, there is so many variables. If e.g. someone ordered case 6 weeks ago and they have received it already I can't use that as e baseline of whether I'm going to get my within the 8 weeks.
Ooo!! i have several CL cases already so I know the quality and at the end of the day I know it is worth the wait.

The other day I was at my local Canada Computer store and they have IN WIN mid tower, nice looking case....grrr I don't know why I was even thinking of maybe canceling my S8S and getting that, I guess the wait feels to long this time around, all my parts just sitting and waiting.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess that wasn't fair question, there is so many variables. If e.g. someone ordered case 6 weeks ago and they have received it already I can't use that as e baseline of whether I'm going to get my within the 8 weeks.
Ooo!! i have several CL cases already so I know the quality and at the end of the day I know it is worth the wait.

The other day I was at my local Canada Computer store and they have IN WIN mid tower, nice looking case....grrr I don't know why I was even thinking of maybe canceling my S8S and getting that, I guess the wait feels to long this time around, all my parts just sitting and waiting.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, its much appreciated.
Yes! And like me you'll be joining the S8S club. How many CL cases do you have in total? Whats your favourite one? I fell in love with the S8S. For like 2 years I was planning a new build but couldn't decide on a case... I wanted a small (ish) chassis but with room to water cool properly and for the overall quality (materials) to be high quality. When I first stumbled across CL I couldn't believe the prices and decided to just get a more affordable case. But then time passed and I realised I probably was going to be buying a case which would last many years 5-10) and last through many builds so the price of the CL cases were very much well worth it in the end. I'm very happy I went for that over more mainstream cheaper chassis.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first case was SMH10 with pedestal which was discontinued shortly after my purchase, now my older son have it in his media room, then I got STH10 with pedestal, recently I ordered THW10 and S8S , they both were ordered at 2 different times.

When you get into Caselabs cases, there is really no favorite, they all have different purpose, but if I would have to chose one that I think is my baby, it would have to be STH10

STH10 not only looks the hottest but that case it's really easy to work with (obviously no brainer, it's easy access to everything because of the size) I remember at the time cost me like $1400-$1600 with pedestal.

I just so Jim's memo..I hope that this will not shift my processing time, 8 weeks its darn long as is and I'm already tempted to cancel my S8S, the S8S alone came to $850, it's not cheap and I don't mind the $ at all, but I do mind the wait if its longer than it stated at the ordering time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

·
Banned
435 Posts
I always wondered why CL doesn't offer a RUSH Service. You know for customers who want/need their new case processed and manufactured and shipped to them say within 2weeks for an extra $200-$300 for smaller cases, or an extra $300-$400 for larger cases.

Is it unethical to place someone ahead in the line if they are willing to pay more cash up front? Other businesses to it all the time.

I realize when orders are placed it's a waiting list of sorts.

I'm not trying to offer a suggestion to the business model, since I have NO IDEA how things work internally, just thought maybe special situations or circumstances might warrant a shorter time frame in some specific cases, and if so, those customers can pay a little more to get their case very early.

It might not work out well if you have dozens of customers pony up the extra dough and then other customers paying the normal prices have to wait longer. OK that's bad.

OK so NOBODY GET MAD AT ME PLEASE. :eek: it was just a thought, maybe not a very good one. LOL :D

But could you imagine getting your new CaseLabs in 14days WOW!! or just $100 extra for shipping in 3weeks? I think I might go for that last scenario if offered, what's an extra $100 in the grand scheme of things?

·
Banned
435 Posts
So NewUser16, what color powdercoat did you order and what options man? Tell us all about your new Mercury S8S that's on the way bro!

Do you have a name for your S8S build yet? Want us to help you pick one out? No? OK. :)

I've had one Magnum, and four Mercury cases, I stay clear of the really large cases, don't own enough hardware to fill them up.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wondered why CL doesn't offer a RUSH Service. You know for customers who want/need their new case processed and manufactured and shipped to them say within 2weeks for an extra $200-$300 for smaller cases, or an extra $300-$400 for larger cases.

Is it unethical to place someone ahead in the line if they are willing to pay more cash up front? Other businesses to it all the time.

I realize when orders are placed it's a waiting list of sorts.

I'm not trying to offer a suggestion to the business model, since I have NO IDEA how things work internally, just thought maybe special situations or circumstances might warrant a shorter time frame in some specific cases, and if so, those customers can pay a little more to get their case very early.

It might not work out well if you have dozens of customers pony up the extra dough and then other customers paying the normal prices have to wait longer. OK that's bad.

OK so NOBODY GET MAD AT ME PLEASE. :eek: it was just a thought, maybe not a very good one. LOL :D

But could you imagine getting your new CaseLabs in 14days WOW!! or just $100 extra for shipping in 3weeks? I think I might go for that last scenario if offered, what's an extra $100 in the grand scheme of things?
I did offer an extra to speed things up and I was willing to pay way more than I want to say it out loud, I do have a deep packets, so $ its far from issue to me, but that was quickly answered by CL...NO.

I'm pretty patient person and I can understand if there are some things that cannot be applied or changed due to # of reasons, but one thing I do wish Caselabs would change and this would take some restrains from people that are on budget and saving all their money just to get Caselabs case, I wish Caselabs would change the way they charge their customers for pre-ordered cases , for weeks your credit company is collecting the interest of the giving amount you paid and yet, you don't have the case.

My wife runs several offices throughout the province and she has # of workstations that needs to be upgraded, I was considering on getting at least 20 cases this summer, but from the sound of it I'm not sure If Caselabs will be on my list, still to be determined.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So NewUser16, what color powdercoat did you order and what options man? Tell us all about your new Mercury S8S that's on the way bro!

Do you have a name for your S8S build yet? Want us to help you pick one out? No? OK. :)

I've had one Magnum, and four Mercury cases, I stay clear of the really large cases, don't own enough hardware to fill them up.
I just got Black. Tbh. this case is for my sons 15th birthday I have so many extra parts I could use to build him something fancy. For a while now I've been thinking on building high-end air cooled system, lest just put it this way, I have M/B, CPU and RAM, just for the 3 items alone its almost 4K, so it will be quite expensive system for 15 year old..:)

·
Banned
435 Posts
I did offer an extra to speed things up and I was willing to pay way more than I want to say it out loud, I do have a deep packets, so $ its far from issue to me, but that was quickly answered by CL...NO.

I'm pretty patient person and I can understand if there are some things that cannot be applied or changed due to # of reasons, but one thing I do wish Caselabs would change and this would take some restrains from people that are on budget and saving all their money just to get Caselabs case, I wish Caselabs would change the way they charge their customers for pre-ordered cases , for weeks your credit company is collecting the interest of the giving amount you paid and yet, you don't have the case.

My wife runs several offices throughout the province and she has # of workstations that needs to be upgraded, I was considering on getting at least 20 cases this summer, but from the sound of it I'm not sure If Caselabs will be on my list, still to be determined.
Well I hope CL has good news for you soon bro, and ships out your new S8S to you ASA they can. :thumb:

How about starting a build log sans the case highlighting your other components? That would be awesome. I've built into many Mercury cases so if you need any cool ideas or time-savers or workarounds just ask me bro. :)

And here's to those deep packets! :cheers:

...my data packets are small to medium in size. :eek:

·
Banned
435 Posts
I just got Black. Tbh. this case is for my sons 15th birthday I have so many extra parts I could use to build him something fancy. For a while now I've been thinking on building high-end air cooled system, lest just put it this way, I have M/B, CPU and RAM, just for the 3 items alone its almost 4K, so it will be quite expensive system for 15 year old..:)
High-End Air-Cooled sounds amazing. That's one very lucky 15year old I gotta say. :thumb:

Yea bro, start a build log, there are a few of us with some great experience with S8S and S8 quality air builds that would enjoy sharing ideas and methodologies.

I got a few tricks up my sleeve for Mercury builds, yuk yuk. :smilingsm

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I hope CL has good news for you soon bro, and ships out your new S8S to you ASA they can. :thumb:

How about starting a build log sans the case highlighting your other components? That would be awesome. I've built into many Mercury cases so if you need any cool ideas or time-savers or workarounds just ask me bro. :)

And here's to those deep packets! :cheers:

...my data packets are small to medium in size. :eek:
Thanks and I hope so to that my case will be shipped at least within the 8 weeks.
I remember with each of my systems I was going to do build log, but I live very busy life and tbh. I don't baby my systems, they all work around the clock so next thing I know my system is built and I simply don't have the time to do whole lot more afterwards.

Thanks for the offer to help, I really appreciate that and if I didn't say that yet, you doing great job on your build. I do lurk here from time to time and I'm enjoying your build logs and the final results so keep the photos coming.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I look forward to this Build log for an air cooled S8S - as thats what I plan to do with mine when it arrives. I ordered mine in May as well. Hopefully it'll arrive in the next 4 weeks, but with the delays who knows at this point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They are currently working through an insane backlog. I saw other people posting 3-4 months to get their cases in July. CL is still not accepting custom orders. I would be prepared to wait 2-3x the posted wait period.

A quote from that other thread: "After 3 months and 1 day, apparently my case was shipped today ."

Another quote: "My order #35252 was placed on April 16th. It was shipped July 19th. I received it July 24th. (SMA8-A)"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah saw that in the other thread as well. When it arrives it arrives. No big deal. Just hope I have all the accessories I need for it so I don't have to wait longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts