Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I'm putting together a new rig and I'm undecided on my gpu. I'm pretty sure I want to go with a 6970 over a 6950 and 570. The thing is though - I don't know which 6970 to get. I'm thinking either the MSI Lightning or the Gigabyte version with the triple fans. I'm most likely going to just use the stock cooling so - something that cools well. Also, I've never overclocked a gpu but really want to oc this - so one that oc's well too. Thanks XD

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As far as cooling goes along with the lightning and Gygabyte you stated, Powercolor also have a few model with more then one fan. There is also the ASUS hd6970 DCII that had some real good critics. hell even the reference model cooler do a good job.

If it was available in Brasil i would have bought the ASUS as i don't plan to CFx, remember that it's a 3 slot card.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would recommend a XFX only for the warranty, if you are looking for something that can overclock look elsewhere imo. Been nothing but let down by how far i can push this card.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well - I'm really looking for something overclockable with a decent cooling set up. I don't know how well the reference coolers are compared to some of the aftermarket types.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I vote the MSI lightning. I have the Twin Frozr III and it's a great overclocker and stays cool. Fan gets loud at 60% though

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah - I'm leaning more towards the msi lightning - although do they overclock well despite the fact that they have a factory overclock?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts