I am looking to power this setup:

Intel C2Q Q6700
EVGA 680I SLI mobo
4x1 GB DDR2 800
Nvidia 8400 GS
1x DVD+/-RW
1x 7200RPM HDD
3x 120mm LED/1x140mm LED/cpu cooler fans

I would like to be able to upgrade the video card in the future and maybe add a dedicated sound card.
With the upgrades included, eXtreme PSU calculator shows 330W minimum, 380W recommended.
After some research, I put together this list on Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...17-104-953-S01
I am looking for a reliable, efficient, and stable PSU that won't break the bank, or blow up.
If anyone knows of a good deal somewhere other than Newegg....

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Look around for an OCZ StealthXstream 400W - it's pretty much the best ~400W PSU out there.

Amazon might have it, but I'm not American so I have absolutely no idea where to look.

You don't need anywhere near 380W though.

·
PC Evangelist
47,370 Posts
Corsair 400W

• Rep+
Reactions: spaceballsrules

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions on the OCZ PSUs. All the reviews seem to be very positive for the 400W models. Not so for the 500W+ models. Apparently, they are totally different designs.

Any opinions on that Tuniq that is in my list?

Also, I just stumbled across this little gem for $50 shipped - Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W
I know Rosewill doesn't have a solid track record like some of the other brands, but the one review on HardwareSecrets. This kinda sorta fits every criteria I have, except it's a Rosewill, and it has a 2 year warranty instead of 3. Hmmm?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stupidcha
View Post

get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-029-_-Product

it's an antec rebrand of seasonic

virtually silent (just got it for my bud's htpc)

btw i would just stay away from rosewill at all costs...

I will look into that one. Good to know that is the same as the Seasonic, but it has sleeved wires. Nice!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceballsrules
View Post

I will look into that one. Good to know that is the same as the Seasonic, but it has sleeved wires. Nice!

yah, too bad you're looking for BNIB
anyways, if I were in your shoes I would pick up any of the neo eco series psu from antec
all of them are quiet reliable, sleeved, plus really silent

i mean the psu is really silent ^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts