Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

Basically I'm not happy with this board. I made a post about when my first board went bad and I RMA'd it.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...wont-boot.html

Well, It just happened again. I went out on the town last night, It was fine. Go top hop on the rig this morning, and strange thing. It was off. FF code again. ( I was also an idiot and my registration was late, too excited with unboxing etc)

I'm not going through that RMA process again. I would like advice on a good replacement. I have had good experience with Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI. Willing to try something new if they have a solid record, good warranty.

Here's what I'm working with.

It's all in my SIG RIG, ( GTX 260 went to the wifes rig after the first board crapped out)

EVGA x58 3X Sli Classified (759A1) (needs replaced)

Corsair Dominator GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 (still good, not oc'd)
CORE I7 920 (never oc'd)

I also might look for a video card. As my 8800GTX is on it's last legs. (CAPS going bad)

I like to play the latest games. (Currently stuck on Heroes of Newerth, but looking for a new addiction soon)

I'm looking for a board that is SLI capable / maybe cross fire.

tri/quad isn not a must. I'm looking for something I won't need to RMA.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I was going to suggest the Rampage III, but the board you got is also very good too. Some other boards would be the Gigabyte UD7 and the Asus WS7.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Also, you can grab a HD5770 off of Newegg for $125 right now and that would be an upgrade from what you have. Next would be a HD5850, skip the HD5830 unless you find a sweet deal on one and then of course the HD5870. I would stay away from the GTX465 and wait for the GTX460 if you have to have Nvidia or step up to the GTX470/480.

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
The P6X58D's are AWESOME boards.

They are quality boards and overclock like mad. You also can't go wrong with the SATA 6 GB/s and USB 3.0 features, or the blue color scheme for that matter. I have the P6X58D-E, since the Premium wasn't worth the price difference due to the fact that it has only 1 LAN port more and a heatpipe between the NB and SB, which doesn't affect the functionality.

I won't go into specifics, but i am not a fan of EVGA motherboards at all; they've all been very bad experiences for me, as opposed to the excellent experiences i've had with EVGA's GPU's. For motherboards, I tend to stick to ASUS boards as i've never run into ANY issues whatsoever with them. I would say that along with the more expensive Classifieds and the Rampage III/UD9 mobos, the P6X58D mobos might be the next best choices in terms of price-features-performance ratios.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts