Overclock.net banner

Recommend DFI mobo

890 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Krunk_Kracker
Ok guys im going with the bandwagon again im going to buy a new mobo so i can finally reach my goal of 3.0ghz with my opteron, now the question is which DFI mobo should i get? i have no plans in buying a new ram and hard drive.

Whats the difference between the ultra-d and expert? would both support my geil value ram pc-3200?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Not everyone

I vote for the SLI-DR if your boing SLI, if not then the Ultra-D ... sorry, I don't trust the "Expert" yet!

X2 Me too.

The Expert have been having a bit of problems lately. This SLI-DR on the other hand is awesome.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amped

If you make a drastic hardware change(changing motherboards is pretty drastic), you will need to reactivate Windows. All you really have to do is put in your serial again. I think it should work, since you'll have all the same hardware except the mobo.

Not true.

It will most likely boot up, when I went from my Abit to this DFI it booted into windows and ran and everything, but the thing is wacky. The registry's are changed, so therfore most, if not all your menu's wont work, but you can get to your files through "My Computer" -> "Program Files"

*HOPEFULLY* You'll be able to get in, and save your stuff, but if not, you'll have to reformat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.