Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using the two corsair fans that came with it. i was thinking about upping the airflow using two new fans since I can't get P/P in my case right now.

Nothing too expensive though.

Thanks

Edit: I have been looking at the Gentle Typhoons But they are hard to find and a bit expensive seeing that I want to buy 4 for a P/P setup

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Google highest CFM 120mm fan. If you're looking for pure performance and no regard for noise levels.

Link in my sig pertaining to silent fans for an H100.

·
Registered
626 Posts
just add 1 more set of the corasir fans droped my temps by 5-10 depends i find it handels the heat better with 4 high static fans then cfm fans as i had 2 120mm with cfm of 89 and it only dropped 2c in pull with the cosair fans pushing..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_king88 View Post

just add 1 more set of the corasir fans droped my temps by 5-10 depends i find it handels the heat better with 4 high static fans then cfm fans as i had 2 120mm with cfm of 89 and it only dropped 2c in pull with the cosair fans pushing..
I agree. I had two casefans from another case lying about, used them on my H100 for push and the two corsair ones for pull, and it works great.
smile.gif

Does get REALLY loud if you put them on full load, though, which I usually do when I play BF3.

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have case fans laying around but they are much lower CFM than the Corsair Fans I have.

Will look them though, Thanks

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What other 120M fans are comparable to the Gentle Typhoons?

I was looking at these

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4355

CM Blue LED Silent Fan 120mm (R4-L2R-20CK-GP) : static Pressure between 2.90- 3.04 mm H2O depending on the version you find.

Any others out there that I can loook at?

Keep in mind I am going for a Push/Pull setup, so will be buying four fans.

·
Did you say Abe Lincoln?
3,148 Posts

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Best alternative to Gente Typhoons are Noiseblockers, they are just as if not more expensive though (quality costs $)

Plenty of places have GT stock though try FrozenCPU (linked above), Performance-PCs, Jab-Tech, Sidewinder Computers, Aquatuning, I think Xoxide has them too

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
AP-15's are in stock at Jab Tech as well as NCIX is running a 2-pack bundle deal. If that doesn't float your boat, there is a new fan out Swiftech Helix sleeve bearing, supposed to be the GT killer (link) but I haven't seen any proof (yet).

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So many choices.... hmmm

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
You really should be asking this question in the water cooling forum. They know their fans.

That said, don't forget the XSPC fans. Inexpensive and XSPC uses them on their rads

I did a review of them here. You can buy them at Koolertek in the US.

Swiftech Helix. With that Z-bearing it looks like a Titan Kukri. I covered the latter in item 4 of my sig, chapter 7. Apparently Evercool actually builds them. Swiftech also sells a Xinruilian fan at $6US. Same manufacturer as the XSPC.

·
Authentic Jamaican
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehume View Post

You really should be asking this question in the water cooling forum. They know their fans.

That said, don't forget the XSPC fans. Inexpensive and XSPC uses them on their rads
I did a review of them here. You can buy them at Koolertek in the US.

Swiftech Helix. With that Z-bearing it looks like a Titan Kukri. I covered the latter in item 4 of my sig, chapter 7. Apparently Evercool actually builds them. Swiftech also sells a Xinruilian fan at $6US. Same manufacturer as the XSPC.
Thanks.. The XSPX fans as well as the Swiftech Helix look pretty good, The heliz resemble the GT as well.

Does anyone know the static pressure on the Corsair Fans that come with the H100?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts