Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want something to use when I'm traveling (school, airplane, etc.) as a laptop with something like a FiiO E17 would be considered on the big side. I know I can't find the perfect player so anything in bolded letters below will be a must.

Requirements
  • Supports a lossless audio codec, preferably FLAC.
  • Supports video.
  • Decent battery life (24 hours?)
  • Ability to run Rockbox (not very likely to do so)
  • MicroSD slot (preferred)
  • Decent GUI
  • Preferably new or refurbished
  • About $140?
  • No extra software needed to manage device
I've looked at a couple DAP/PMPs and I really like the Cowon C2, Cowon iAudio 10, Cowon J3 ($189 is kind of pushing it though), the Sansa Clip+, Sansa Clip Zip (both of these are fine but I really like the Cowons), and maybe the iPod Classic. I have that "Anything but Apple" grudge so I'm unwilling to get the iPod Classic and the GUI isn't in my favor but it has 160GB of space, I believe a MicroSD slot, and a line-out jack IIRC.

I'm also looking for a good pair of IEMs or headphones no more than...$100? That may be subject to change. I'm looking for something where I can analyze and enjoy music so it doesn't feel like I can only enjoy or search for details in the music. Being able to do both would be convenient. It needs to be able to be driven by the DAP/PMP as I don't plan on dual amping this player (adding on an external device such as a DAC/amp. For example, the FiiO E17) although I may in the far or near future. I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sansa clip + with a big microSD card, honestly depending on your IEMS, I challenge you to be able to spot the difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxyep View Post

sansa clip + with a big microSD card, honestly depending on your IEMS, I challenge you to be able to spot the difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless
I know. I've already listened to two tracks (one lossless, one 320kbps MP3) and I couldn't hear a difference. I probably can't because my current setup is my lappy and some $15 earbuds (lol) but I could hear a huge difference between 128kbps MP3 and 320kbps MP3. So basically, I'm aware of that, and if I want a clip+, I'll need a battery pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts