Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have long been looking for a game that simulates old naval warfare (18th, 19th century)

I remember looking at a video of a game just like this but its name escapes me.

It involved sailing the ship and broadsiding other ships.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Biggest publisher of current naval games I know of is Paradox. I don't have time to look through the full list, but there are several of all time periods. Closest I found during my brief search was East India Company, which seems to be oriented more towards trading and diplomacy than naval combat.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post

That was a really good game..... I feel old.

I will have a look at Paradox.

Civ 5 has been calling me for some reason just for the tactics side.
Don't do it, that game will eat your soul. It will eat your soul, and you will look at the clock, and it'll be 2:57 A.M.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganf View Post

Don't do it, that game will eat your soul. It will eat your soul, and you will look at the clock, and it'll be 2:57 A.M.
Ha lol , i been playing civ v all week and not been to bed before 1am, not played it for months but was too tired for bf3 the other night. Its an awful game too - ai is hardcore cheater lol

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Ha lol , i been playing civ v all week and not been to bed before 1am, not played it for months but was too tired for bf3 the other night. Its an awful game too - ai is hardcore cheater lol
Have you seen some of the diehard players of this game? The AI has to cheat to offer half of the franchise fans any sort of competition. The game flat-out tells you the AI cheats when you select the difficulty level.

I haven't tried anything above 4.... I usually don't make it out of the bronze age on 4.....

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:

Have you seen some of the diehard players of this game? The AI has to cheat to offer half of the franchise fans any sort of competition. The game flat-out tells you the AI cheats when you select the difficulty level.

I haven't tried anything above 4.... I usually don't make it out of the bronze age on 4.....
Yes its ridiculous, there is no balance at all - its either too easy or you get hardcore cheated. There are set paths to follow to beat it even on hard but that for me takes out any personal enjoyment as there is no personal choice. The path is pre determined by the programme.

I used to get more enjoyment out of the game on commodore amiga 500 all those moons ago

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Meh, just play Hasbro Battleship.
wink.gif
Personally, I can't even look at that game anymore after what they did to the movie.
sad-smiley-002.gif

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
Quote:

Personally, I can't even look at that game anymore after what they did to the movie.
sad-smiley-002.gif
So true. That movie was absolutely terrible. And a lady at work yesterday told me she loved it. What the?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Supreme Commander has naval warfare
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I couldn't get into it because I'm fully addicted to Dota 2 and I've been playing a bit of SC2 on the side to prep for HotS. I can fully appreciate the masterwork of a game SupCom is, I just wish I had a nice PC back when it came out in 2007. Must have been even more mind blowing back then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts