Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly gathering all my parts for a budget office build I am doing and will be needing a new monitor as well. I have an ASUS VE248 on my main rig right now and its great! I was thinking of going with a this Samsung Monitor to tie in with my white/black build but would like some input on whether or not its a decent monitor. I would something a little more sleek looking in design, but also to perform well. I will just be using it for web browsing mainly and doing Excel/Word documents.

Some constraints:
•23-24" Monitor
•LED Backlit
•IPS or PLS
•Edge to Edge glass would be nice as well (not needed)
•1920x1080

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgunnas View Post

did some looking around, at that price it's best to use monitors that are popular

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BZNDS0/ref=psdc_1292115011_t1_B00AZMLIDQ

even has a rebate

if you don't mind a used lcd monitor and a 1920x1200 resolution, a zr24w is probably the best monitor (aside from something in 4:3) you can get for that price range used. you can't go back to older monitors after using it though
biggrin.gif
Well I was doing some more browsing around and really was liking the IPS monitors offered by Dell. Specifically the S2415H which I really liked! The only thing holding me back is that the screen has a glossy finish, which I would ideally but it wouldn't suit the room I will be in. Other than that I am stuck again... I might just purchase it and if its really that bad with reflections I will return it and grab something else.

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts