Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just about had it with this piece of crap, anytime I download for more than 5 minutes in a row it bricks itself up and dies. It also randomly restarts sometimes 3 times a day, sometimes once every few days. I almost smashed the crap out of it before, the only reason I didn't was because I needed the piece of crap to order another on and so I waited (patiently) for ~30 minutes for it to resync.

I don't need anything special, just a basic router which will connect, lets me port forward properly and is very stable and also has a reasonable amount of customizable options.

No more than £30, as cheap as possible please.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm on ADSL2+ if that makes a difference

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post
which router do you have at the minute?
The stock one that Virgin gave me. I'll quite happily pay the fee if/when I cancel and they want it back if it means I can smash it up.

It's a D-Link DSL-2640R.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post
I have a netgear DG834G and it has never let me down in the past 2.5 years
I have it too. It's really good, it has never had a problem in 4 years, and nowdays you can find it for cheap (near 50€ I think).It has a fair good range too that should not disappoint you if you live in a big house.
If you have more money you may look into this: http://www.netgear.com/products/home.../WNDR3700.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts