Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
entry level headphones with a clip on mic will get you better sound quality. Surround sound in a headset is a bit of a gimmick. For gaming I assume you are aiming for good positional cues? In which case you're looking for something with a good soundstage.

If you can't live with a clip on mic, how about a stand alone mic?

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i like my turtle beach HPA2 headset. great bass, 6 speakers and 2 bass drivers, all adjustable, works great. has front, center, rear and sub channels, positioning is great, but music is not the greatest on them unless you have a good 5.1 card.

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Using megalodons right now, full positional. Probably less since the Tiamat release, which are true surround headphones (Tiamat 7.1 has 5 drivers per side, 1 bass each of the side positions, and 1 for center per side.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:
entry level headphones with a clip on mic will get you better sound quality. Surround sound in a headset is a bit of a gimmick. For gaming I assume you are aiming for good positional cues? In which case you're looking for something with a good soundstage.

If you can't live with a clip on mic, how about a stand alone mic?
I agree with this. Audio Technica ATH-A700 has a great soundstage.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
AD-700's. Ultrasone PRO 550's if your budget allows them.

I had the G930's for a while and they sounded worse than my $25 Koss Portapro's for gaming and music.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts