Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pole Vault Champ & Disco
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after a VPN service that allows me to connect to the USA for Hulu, UK and Australian Servers with no logging, has ynone had any good experiences with providers?

Thanks!

·
Pole Vault Champ & Disco
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinparkfan007 View Post

unblock.us and also Hotspot Shield.
Thanks, price is also no issue if the service is good :)

It also needs to be fast for Skype

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Have you ever thought about doing it yourself?

You can rent a VPS for dirt cheap and setup an OpenVPN server yourself. That way no one sees anything besides you, and you can be 100% sure there is no logging occurring. The VPS doesn't even need to be at all powerful - 128MB of RAM is more than enough for this sort of thing, and VPSes with that spec can be hand for ~$2-$3/month.

·
AS 396507
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTurtle View Post

Have you ever thought about doing it yourself?
You can rent a VPS for dirt cheap and setup an OpenVPN server yourself. That way no one sees anything besides you, and you can be 100% sure there is no logging occurring. The VPS doesn't even need to be at all powerful - 128MB of RAM is more than enough for this sort of thing, and VPSes with that spec can be hand for ~$2-$3/month.
But this requires a lot of overhead. I mean, more than just paying someone setup to do it. Plus you have to be wary of VPS service provider's policies. Some don't want you doing this (proxies). Not that it's a big deal if you get caught and the service is in a different country. They'd just shutdown your account.

oh and don't forget that VPS's are virtual OS's on top of hardware. the people running that hardware can see everything going on (or through) said VPS. And i'm not even talking about the network traffic that you generate--they'll see all of that too.

best to go with a reputable VPN provider who knows what they're doing and wants to maximize your privacy.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yawnbox View Post

But this requires a lot of overhead. I mean, more than just paying someone setup to do it. Plus you have to be wary of VPS service provider's policies. Some don't want you doing this (proxies). Not that it's a big deal if you get caught and the service is in a different country. They'd just shutdown your account.
oh and don't forget that VPS's are virtual OS's on top of hardware. the people running that hardware can see everything going on (or through) said VPS. And i'm not even talking about the network traffic that you generate--they'll see all of that too.
best to go with a reputable VPN provider who knows what they're doing and wants to maximize your privacy.
Errmmm VPN providers are the same, the second anyone goes to them and asks for your logs they will glady hand them over
wink.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recommend to you Hideman software. But now use only for Windows OS. I hope soon there will be other OS.
Great software,easy and fast servers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anybody have experience with Ipredator and it's speeds? I'm considering it, but only if it has decent upload speed. Otherwise i'll just get Openvpn's service. 10mb upload
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will highly recommend you PureVPN.com to use as your VPN service provider. They offer servers in 14 different countries and support PPTP, L2TP and SSTP protocol and charge only $9.95/month. Moreover, if you got stuck somewhere they support and resolved their customer queries 24*7 with their efficient live chat support.

·
Pole Vault Champ & Disco
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonwhite View Post

I will highly recommend you PureVPN.com to use as your VPN service provider. They offer servers in 14 different countries and support PPTP, L2TP and SSTP protocol and charge only $9.95/month. Moreover, if you got stuck somewhere they support and resolved their customer queries 24*7 with their efficient live chat support.
Do you guys log?
Quote:
Disappointing: VPN providers who simply failed to respond

In addition to the above, TorrentFreak also approached a number of other fairly well known VPN providers. It's not clear if our questions were simply too tricky to answer in a positive light or whether there was some other reason, but disappointingly none of them responded to our emails, despite in some cases having acknowledged receipt of our questions.

They include Blacklogic.com, PureVPN.com, VPNTunnel.se [Update: VPNTunnel.se have now responded, see here], Bolehvpn.net [Update: Boleh responded after publication - they carry no logs] and Ivacy.com

Source

1 - 14 of 14 Posts