Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm looking at getting a replacement PSU. I see that this one is Modular, which I prefer.
Coolmax 500-Watt Modular Power Supply
http://www.compusa.com/applications/...073&CatId=2496

Or, should I just get myself a Corsair Non-modular PSU? I spilled tea Into my PC, and it got ALL OVA The PSU, and It's just not booting (Will turn on, fans spin, CPU Gets power, etc, but No screen input.)

I'm trying to look for the cheapest solution possible. and, this will be a permanent PSU too, and I hate crap quality products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Haven't read many reviews on that coolmax but you could just get an XFX 450w that's partially modular for somewhere near the same price
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
That isn't a problem with your psu, sounds like when you spilled tea on your pc that you took out your motherboard or graphics card. From my experience, it is the motherboard.

If your computer turns on and fans spin up, 99% of the time it isn't the psu.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@xPrestonn - can you send me a link? I'm also needing more watts because I like overkill for fans, Overclocking processor, etc. It's my sig-rig, but I'm just not sure what to get. But, my MINIMUM Is I think 450W's, but I prefer 500W's +
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Behemoth777
View Post

That isn't a problem with your psu, sounds like when you spilled tea on your pc that you took out your motherboard or graphics card. From my experience, it is the motherboard.

If you computer turns out and fans spin up, 99% of the time it isn't the psu.

Nah man, nothing got on the motherboard and Graphics, amazingly. And, I checked the Inside of the PSU to find that there was a slightly brown colored liquid inside of it (Tea being sucked up by fan most likely).

all of the Tea went to the side panel and PSU.
 

·
AMD Overclocker
Joined
·
9,178 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies
View Post

Nah man, nothing got on the motherboard and Graphics, amazingly. And, I checked the Inside of the PSU to find that there was a slightly brown colored liquid inside of it (Tea being sucked up by fan most likely).

all of the Tea went to the side panel and PSU.

Did you check the underside of your motherboard? I spilled water on my computer when I first started building and the front of my motherboard looked fine, but the back of the motherboard got all wet.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Behemoth777
View Post

Did you check the underside of your motherboard? I spilled water on my computer when I first started building and the front of my motherboard looked fine, but the back of the motherboard got all wet.

Checked it also - none of it got wet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies
View Post

Eh, it looks good, but the price isn't right for me. I'd rather get Corsair over antec any day. Only if NZXT Made Power supply's. They should make a white one. I'm also thinking about modding my case (NZXT Vulcan) And Painting all the Grilled Mesh white.

If it's a solid unit who cares about the branding?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by xPrestonn
View Post

If it's a solid unit who cares about the branding?

It's not that I do care, It's just because That I know of Corsair making only good quality products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies
View Post

It's not that I do care, It's just because That I know of Corsair making only good quality products.

Except for their CX v1 series, which weren't even 80plus rated and had some reported problems with ripple.....

People need to get out of this "corsair is perfect" mentality.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top