Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Not many cases can do it for that price... A modded 800D can do it (mount the PSU in the rad like the TJ07 by cutting the back panel for the psu and the side panel for intale) and it's 280$. The TJ07 can mount a 480 at the bottom and a slim/med 360 at the top with mods using one of these but it's over budget.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=691

Some Lian-Li cases can be modded to do it too. The Lian-Li PC-A70F can do it for like 170$ but it's HEAVY modding. You can mount a 360 at the top with some simple holes. The case is tall enough to house a 480 and a psu like the TJ07 at the bottom but it involves: raising the motherboard tray, removing the hard drive cage and making a custom back panel for the psu and the motherboard's new position.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmen;15318224
Not many cases can do it for that price... A modded 800D can do it (mount the PSU in the rad like the TJ07 by cutting the back panel for the psu and the side panel for intale) and it's 280$. The TJ07 can mount a 480 at the bottom and a slim/med 360 at the top with mods using one of these but it's over budget.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=691

Some Lian-Li cases can be modded to do it too. The Lian-Li PC-A70F can do it for like 170$ but it's HEAVY modding. You can mount a 360 at the top with some simple holes. The case is tall enough to house a 480 and a psu like the TJ07 at the bottom but it involves: raising the motherboard tray, removing the hard drive cage and making a custom back panel for the psu and the motherboard's new position.
wow..for that budget ive to mod the casing??
frown.gif

are there casings that at 600 by 600 ??

edit : 800d is at 600 by 600

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrell;15318380
wow..for that budget ive to mod the casing??
frown.gif
Yeah... The only case that will do it without mods are the mountain mods, case labs, danger den (might be able to find one for the right price but they're acrylic) and the Little Devil cases. And all those are around 400$ minimum for a decent one. Considering your budget, I recommend you go external and keep your case while using that:

http://www.dangerden.com/store/external-3-x-360-radiator-and_pump-case.html

Use 2 or 360s instead... But why do you need so many rads? If you're not gonna upgrade your rig, it can run on a single 360 flawlessly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmen;15318389
Yeah... The only case that will do it without mods are the mountain mods, case labs, danger den (might be able to find one for the right price but they're acrylic) and the Little Devil cases. And all those are around 400$ minimum for a decent one. Considering your budget, I recommend you go external and keep your case while using that:

http://www.dangerden.com/store/external-3-x-360-radiator-and_pump-case.html

Use 2 or 360s instead... But why do you need so many rads? If you're not gonna upgrade your rig, it can run on a single 360 flawlessly.
im already running 2 loops, 480 for the cpu, 360 for the gpu...

both of them are placed externally..just that im thinking of more neater setup..
smile.gif

lian li a71 looks good too...

·
Enthusiast Gamer
3,829 Posts
Look at Mountain mods/Case Labs. Forget Corsair, Cooler Master Lain-Li and the others, they will need modding most likely.

The Monticle or Pinnacle 24 CYO w/ Tower Pedestal 24 is what I would be looking at.

-Upto 2 GTX480 rads no case modding necessary.
-removable mobo tray
-customized how you want.

Case Labs M8 case is nice too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPowered;15328781
Look at Mountain mods/Case Labs. Forget Corsair, Cooler Master Lain-Li and the others, they will need modding most likely.

The Monticle or Pinnacle 24 CYO w/ Tower Pedestal 24 is what I would be looking at.

-Upto 2 GTX480 rads no case modding necessary.
-removable mobo tray
-customized how you want.

Case Labs M8 case is nice too.
agreed on the caselab. an acquitance of mine got one and he's going dump 560 in it..

let me check the website..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts