Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
XFX and Sapphire usually produce the best reference models. XFX also has a lifetime warranty. All reference cards are 2GB.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by N3Xus
View Post

XFX and Sapphire usually produce the best reference models. XFX also has a lifetime warranty. All reference cards are 2GB.

Produce the best reference models.

UM

OKAY. Sounds cool man.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I heard many stories about xfx's customer support , apparently people have had issues with rma's before although i cant vouch for that and maybe they are just fine to deal with ?

all reference cards are the same on the inside , so its personal preference .. I have yet to have any troubles with my sapphire card after owning it for 7 months , it seems to be a good quality card and i have faith it wont fail on me even though i have the 6970 bios flashed to it and overclocked it still runs strong everyday with no issues ..

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xristo
View Post

I heard many stories about xfx's customer support , apparently people have had issues with rma's before although i cant vouch for that and maybe they are just fine to deal with ?

all reference cards are the same on the inside , so its personal preference ..

RMA a reference XFX, get sent back a non-reference XFX that won't fit with your waterblock.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kand
View Post

RMA a reference XFX, get sent back a non-reference XFX that won't fit with your waterblock.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Yep , stay clear imo .. go with Sapphire , thats my choice .

Asus make great cards too or even gigabyte but they are usually more expensive .

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey I have a reference XFX 6950 here that's a day old that I was able to snag from the microcenter in Rockville. Let me know if you want to works something out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
LLLIIIIFETIIIIIIMMME WWWWAAAAARRAAANNNTYYY.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSHawkeye
View Post

Hey I have a reference XFX 6950 here that's a day old that I was able to snag from the microcenter in Rockville. Let me know if you want to works something out.

I will be buying two and its not my rig, its gonna be my buddy's, he isnt ready to buy yet but thanks for the offer

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Quote:

View Post

LLLIIIIFETIIIIIIMMME WWWWAAAAARRAAANNNTYYY.

Yet you own HIS.

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,322 Posts
Sapphire

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kand
View Post

Yet you own HIS.

My previous 4850 was XFX. It's still working in my brother's rig, never had any problems.

When I bought my card this one was $70 cheaper than all the others. This is also the time when Sapphire/XFX/HIS were replacing there reference models with non-reference.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by txtrkandy
View Post

Are all Sapphires reference?

They have quite a bit of non-reference models too.

Sapphire non-ref 6950. (without BIOS switch)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
no , i would never buy one though .. cooler looks like cheap plastic , blue pcb , no bios switch .

Reference have the backplate , black pcb , bios switch .. nicer looking unit and much better quality .

do not buy visiontek , looks like they tried the reference look but it just looks so cheap i wouldnt bother .

This is the 6950 you want ..

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Quote:

View Post

They have quite a bit of non-reference models too.

Sapphire non-ref 6950. (without BIOS switch)

At least you'd be able to specify which one you'd want back, or which one you're buying.

XFX? Nah, they don't separate tag reference models with non-reference models.

Edit. It seems that they aren't producing the reference model anymore. That, or newegg doesn't have it listed. The best you could probably do for a 6950 is look for a particular brand closest to the reference model, which would fit your waterblock.

That, or just hit up on a 6970.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts