Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a buddy of mine a rig and he's wanting to run dual monitors. Will be mutli-tasking some stuff like video and photoshop. Wants something that can handle that type of stuff and run both his monitors without any hiccups but he doesn't do any PC gaming. So I don't want to even push him into a used HD5850 or anything like that. Just need to find him a card that will do what I mentioned probably at a sub $100 or even $75 price point. I mean we can future proof a little bit, but just keep in mind no need for gaming. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Honestly a 4850 or something in that range could do the job. I used to run dual setup with mine way back in the day. It got frustrating with it when it came to gaming as it was more of a drain on it than I was happy with, once I upgraded to a 5850 my stepfather ran the card in his dual monitor rig and the software was finally there to support it properly and he ran it for modding/rendering/gaming/etc (fallout 3/nv/oblivion) and it did well behind a dual core cpu BF3 on Medium as a reference. But if you want more vram a 5830 would more than do the job, and should come in pretty cheap. If your looking for something a little more modern a 6750/6770 will do the job just as well with a little more future proofing, and better drivers. Also on the green side anything GTS 250 or up should more than do the job for him. Can likely pick up all these cards on craigslist or ebay for dirt cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts