Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to OCN and currently have had an incredible amount of help and support here. I am right now in process of OC with a really great guy (Mauricio) from Mexico City. He has held my hand and provided an incredible managed approach to OC. Anyway, I got a crappy case when I bought my system and am currently running with the side panel off. I am looking for recommendations on the best air cooled cases. I am running a qx9650 and a GTX 285 FTW, 2 wd sata drives. I wish I could say money is no object, but I I do have a budget and would like to spend no more than a $125. I don't care about a noisy case because I half deaf anyway. Just need a case that is proven to keep things cool. I dont need all the fancy lights and readouts, just a case that keeps things cool. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Bob B

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys. I will check out all of these cases.
One question. These cases that you are recommending, are these ones that you have, or would like to have?

Thanks
Bob G

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdg
View Post

Thanks you guys. I will check out all of these cases.
One question. These cases that you are recommending, are these ones that you have, or would like to have?

Thanks
Bob G

I have used the Antec 300 and cm 690 both are very good. Cm 590 is just a smaller version of the 690. I heard nothing but good things about the tempest from people here @ OCN

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
I have the Antec 900, and it's a great air cooling rig.
I would opt for the Cooler Master 690 though, as it has great air cooling, and better cable mangement

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Antec 900 i have 2 each house a server and run multiple hot components and work like a charm what next case do you have because i am looking for a new case as you can see what my current one is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts