Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
A corsair 850w, 950w, or 1000w should do it and still have some extra room, as you dont want it running at full blast all the time.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts

·
PC Evangelist
46,946 Posts
Well my system under load is about 550w which means even a TX650 should be fine but i we say a TX750 to be safe.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contagion
View Post

For the best head room, do what ^he said and get like a Corsair 850+.
However, a Corsair 750 would do just fine, yours, I'm not too sure about.
Its not the best brand.
It might be fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=corsair%20750
This would be perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=Corsair%20850
This gives you a little bit of headroom.

Yeah, I grabbed this Sigma with my first build because it was cheap and I was running out of money

I am looking for a high end PSU this time around because I am water cooling and don't want to go cheap on anything so those Corsairs seem like a really good choice for me. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BCC
View Post

i would try to get at least 1000 watt i have a abs 1300 watt

Severe overkill. You only need HALF the power that you have to run what he's asking for.

Given that, I highly recommend the Seasonic X series, of which there are 2 units; the X-650 and X-750. Either one will be perfect. Besides that, Corsair has a wide range of modular and non-modular units between 550 and 750 watts that you'd like, just pick one.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1000w might be overkill but it provides peace of mind that you will never need to upgrade. That's worth the money to me

and the non-modular has a $50 MIR so its quite a deal.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by groundzero9
View Post

1000w might be overkill but it provides peace of mind that you will never need to upgrade. That's worth the money to me

and the non-modular has a $50 MIR so its quite a deal.

Quick research shows it's a mediocre Topower-made unit*. I think the OP can get better quality and a better value than that for less money, in fact I posted such examples in my previous post. Seasonic for pure quality, Corsair for value. If you want what you need, get the Corsair TX-650. If you want absolute quality, efficiency (literally 80 Plus Gold), and stability, get the Seasonic X-750. If you want a mixture of excellent headroom, efficiency barely under and maybe even within 80 Plus Gold, and stability, get the Corsair HX-850. That's about all I have to say about that.

EDIT:*The 1300 watt one he has, not the 1000w.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts