Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking these sticks, but then I thought...

Would 8GB 1600 give me better performance, or is it just not worth the money?

What RAM would you guys recommend for my new build? The CPU I'm using is the i5 2500K and a P67 motherboard.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Get 8GB, 4GB sticks are fast becoming the standard in light of the recent decreases in RAM prices and the increasing saturation of low priced high density sticks.

There is no real reason to buy 2GB sticks of RAM anymore.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It wouldn't really give you better performance IMO, you don't even really need 8GB. At the same speed, look for lower timing RAM sticks, and rather use extra money you would have paid for another 4GB, and get faster 4GB RAM. =)

·
Premium Member
10,871 Posts
I would say 8GB is nice to have, but definitely not necessary. For gaming 4GB is usually plenty but with video editing the extra memory should come in handy. Memory is rather inexpensive nowadays, the kit you picked out is fine. So either go with that kit, or you can get one of the 8GB 1600mhz CAS 9 kits rated at 1.5v (they are all the same, just rebranding and different heatspreader) if you want to go with 8gb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.