Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need buy 2 modular or semi-modular PSU for 2 PC's. I want 650W.
My max budget is 200€ for each PSU, not more.

Any expert person recommend some good PSU?
My intenetion will be to make the custom-cables.

I want to be able to do oc in the future and to support up to 2 graphic cards. For the moment I will use only a GTX1070 graphics card and I will not do oc (I have a 4790K / Z97).

Thank you!

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,886 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your opinions!

What do you think about this PSU?

EVGA SuperNOVA 650W P2 80 Plus Platinum
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80 Plus Gold
BeQuiet Straight Power 11 650W
BeQuiet DarkPower Pro 11 650W

which is better and why?

·
Senior OCN Member
39,870 Posts
The Seasonic Foucs Plus series is newer better and cheaper then all the units posted so far other then the Seasonic Prime
By way you should not buy a Seasonic Prime as it has been replaced by the Prime Ultra series

Buy a Seasonic Foucs Plus or a Prime Ultra and forget about those Corsair, EVGA and Be Quiet units
They are not bad just overhyped and/or overpriced

·
Linux Lobbyist
330 Posts
Definitely shouldn't go for old Seasonic Prime with the overly loud top fan speed, my vote goes also to Seasonic Prime Ultra 650w.

But if you're gonna do custom cables, depending on how you're gonna do it, check out how in-cable capacitors play into that. Do you want to custom sleeve them ?, re-wire them ?, get extension cables ? if the PSU itself works properly with different cables that don't have in-cable capacitors don't sweat it, the ripple difference is hardly gonna impact your daily use.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,870 Posts
The Seasonic Prime Ultra does NOT have capacitors on the cables they have removed them as they are no longer needed
The older Prime series as well as the EVGA G2/P2/T2 on the other hand does have capacitors on the cables

·
Linux Lobbyist
330 Posts
The Seasonic Prime Ultra does NOT have capacitors on the cables they have removed them as they are no longer needed
The older Prime series as well as the EVGA G2/P2/T2 on the other hand does have capacitors on the cables
Ouch, my bad, was so happy they changed the fan curve and lowered max rpm i somehow delegated the in-cable capacitors into secondary stuff to remember category with the tester, new sata 3.3, etc :)

·
Senior OCN Member
39,870 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
39,870 Posts
Just read up on it, priceless, just priceless, ...
Just bought a 12 TB Seagate Ironwolf today and since its a consumer grade NAS drive it should not have SATA 3,3 but i am keeping it in mind if the drive refuses to spin up
Added it to my rig so i wonder why its not showing up in under my sig?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts