Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the new cross desk will be available? Will it be possible for me to even get one in the near future, or are they so far backed up on pre-orders that my chances are very low?

Are there any desks that are similar? I'm not interested in the Liam Li eihter... it looks like a cheap knockoff.

Is there anyone that has a cross desk that they're willing to sell?

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the hydra, but I'm wanting something that can hold two boards and is symmetrical. Although it might be something that I get my wife!

Thanks!

·
Call me VSG
12,852 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Contact Hassan at V1 Tech, he owns Red Harbringer now. Last I heard they had plans for a new desk coming out soon, and are currently working on the Dopamine v.2 first.
How would I get a hold of him? Do I just go through the V1 Tech Contact Form? Or is there some other way to write him. I know they're working on the new V2 and that they were taking pre-orders, but all my emails to Red Harbinger have gone unanswered.

·
Call me VSG
12,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabelund View Post

How would I get a hold of him? Do I just go through the V1 Tech Contact Form? Or is there some other way to write him. I know they're working on the new V2 and that they were taking pre-orders, but all my emails to Red Harbinger have gone unanswered.
Yeah V1 Tech contact/social media would be best I guess.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

Yeah V1 Tech contact/social media would be best I guess.
Well I just sent a message via their contact form. Hopefully it gets to him.

Thanks geggeg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Fluffy View Post

i'm just using scrap and junk and old cases as much as i can to keep the cost down. and yeah i collected the tools over the years but its not that expensive..
if you like to follow my progress i made a thread
smile.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1610675/budget-desk-build-from-scratch#post_25496449
Yeah I that would be a lot of fun to see your progress. I'll follow you on it. You should make a building log and instruction manual. I can gather the tools over time, I just don't have the expensive power tools. I would love to build one though. All you guys out there that have all the big toy machinery "CNC Machining, Large Sanders, and Metal Cutting/Drilling/Skiving Machines, Etc." are way lucky and I'm jealous of you.

I was going to buy a Hydra Desk, I made 2 pre-order deposits, but they couldn't sell enough here in the U.S. to cut down on shipping costs, so they refunded me. It would have costed 900 dollars just for the shipping on one desk a lone. I could of had two with that price.

I am however working on a MAHEMITH build at the time.

It'll probably end up weighing 250 lbs.

Its overkill I know. But I am having way too much fun with it.
Enthoo Primo Special Edition Case
Four, "maybe five" Pumps
* 3 MCP 655
* 2 DDC 310
About twenty fans
Three loops
Six Heat exchange plates
Custom Mobo Waterblocks
Custom cooling coil reservoir
* An idea that hasn't been used yet.
Six - seven radiators
Nine Reservoirs
Three different colors of fittings, i.e., Bitspower, Barrow, & Primo Chill... A LOT OF FITTINGS with PETG tubing
Custom CPU block "with an idea not used yet in the idustry. Might change the market", after patent of course.
ASRock X99 OC Formula MOBO
Three Titan X's
And Much More

I wanted to put all of this into a desk. But I couldn't get a hold of a decent one. Also, the Laing Lee looks like garbage, and Red Harbinger seems to have abandoned their business.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HA i only got some cheap drill's, a hand saw, 1 electric saw and alot of screw's, gleu and old scrap haha, i wish i had my own cnc and 3d printer, would make it look even more awesome, but hey maybe if i can sell these desks then maybe one day..

do you have some tips on making a build log? i'm currently just taking picture's of everything and posting my progress not only here, but on alot of facebook pc enthousiast groups.

damn shame they quit the desk, i was wondering why the site looked so abandoned.. but that give's me a idea.. i can probably make the whole thing like a ikea desk, because its easy for me to handle the wood and just make pieces that i can later put together. that would really cut down on the shipping cost's,
lol this gives me alot of idea's.

well ill first get this thing ready, i'm building it to fit my needs so it will be a little more complicated than the hydra desk but that's just for me, if i want to sell it i can make it simple like the hydra. another good thing about wood is you can work on it easyer later on if you want to add or change something. its harder to do that with metal.

and that build is awesome man please share some pics when its done, also i'm gonna need tips and advice as i never did a custom loop in my life.. this desk will be the first one so i'm gonna need to know what the right fittings are and what size tube and res to use etc etc...
smile.gif

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh man, I'm really sorry that I didn't notice this way way earlier, I feel like a dick man.

But no sorry, I don't have any tips for a build log. I would just look at other peoples build logs and do what they do. I would however if you do something that is imaginative, I would take more pictures and give more details to how it was done.

My two hydra desks showed up today, and I hadn't checked my account here for a long time. I'm have been busy doing other things. I had to postpone my build but now I 'm back on it. I'll get more pictures and keep you up to date.

Sorry again for taking forever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no problem i have been out of the race a little too, finisched the desk but i'm not pleased with it so gave it to my nephew, he loves it haha, but i thought it was a little too rough around the edges and i wanted to make something different, bigger, something that stands out, but am still thinking about that.

i would love to see some progress on your desks tho.. i recently upgraded to 7700k and got a P5 temporary for my parts, at least i can game lol..

but jokes aside i'm currently waiting for Waterblocks for my GPU's, tubing, fluid, and a delid tool. the 3 first things will come today
biggrin.gif
so i'm probably gonna make something of that P5 first.. never really modded anything so wish me luck lol

btw i am raising 2 little girls on my own so dont have much time left, but that will change once they get a little older
smile.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts