Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Overclocker
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an xbox I would suggest you check it right now to ensure that your privacy is in tact. Reports are coming in that user information is be set to show to friends, etc based on CC info, etc. Claims are being made, by some, that fake names were used in creating the xbox account to only be changed to their real name or the real name of their parents paying for the service.

It appears that xbox staff is looking into the matter.
You can read more about it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/815vn6/warning_xbox_is_doxxing_people_right_now_check/
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/819djl/is_xbox_live_down_for_anyone_else_or_is_it_just_me/
However, at this time, xbox services are down for many console and win10 users. The error is Error 0x87DD0006

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Ah, so it's showing your real name instead of "crazy9000" or whatever to your friends list. I can see why people are upset.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I have an xbox one in the other room that's been dormant for like a year, i occasionally catch it turning on to do updates, but otherwise it sees no use from me xD Someone at Microsoft screwed up somewhere when they pushed an update im guessing lol.

·
2,327 Posts
So typical of Microsoft.

·
Overclocker
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres been that setting for ages. Was the 1st thing i turned off whe i got my xboxone.
Its in privacy settings i think, just states 'my friends can see my real name' you just uncheck it.
Not that hard really
Agreed.

However, many are complaining that the setting was change or ticked to enable without the user's consent.

·
2,327 Posts
Agreed.

However, many are complaining that the setting was change or ticked to enable without the user's consent.
Yes, and it used the name from the credit card, for a lot of kids it's their parents name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts