Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Title: Steve Jobs’ Last Big Project Wasn’t The iPhone 4S, It Was The Redesigned iPhone 5 [REPORT]

Quote:

Contrary to what you may believe, the iPhone 4S was not the last project Jobs worked on. In fact, the next generation iPhone (iPhone 5?) was the last project Steve Jobs worked on before departing from this world.

Quote:

Ashok Kumar, an analyst at Rodman & Renshaw, expects that the iPhone 5 will become a ‘cult classic’ due to the fact that it was Steve’s last project.

Source:http://www.redmondpie.com/steve-jobs...hone-5-report/

*First news post

**Please keep it civil people.

·
Banned
2,038 Posts
The 4S is barely out the door and we're already starting on iPhone 5 rumors?

To be honest, one thing I like about Apple releases is not just the product, but the fact that the rumor mill tends to die down substantially afterwards. Way too soon for iPhone rumors.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benladesh
View Post

Is this gonna be like Tupac where he dies but then they "find" secret stuff for years to come?

lol made me lawl.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Wow enough of this stuff already.

Let's all buy iPhone 5 cause it was the last project in development when Steve Jobs checked out.

Oh and let's buy iPhone 6 the year after. Steve would have wanted it that way.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Benladesh - Most likely. Oh, you thought the iPhone 5 was his last project? Check out the iPhone9001S! It's the absolute best! I did get a good laugh at one point where the article said the iPhone 5 is sure to remain the best phone on the market, implying that the iPhones are the end all be all phone. *sigh*

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Watch, they are going to "go through Steve Jobs' computer" and find "a project for a Apple TV!" Then a console... then etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kweechy
View Post

Wow enough of this stuff already.

Let's all buy iPhone 5 cause it was the last project in development when Steve Jobs checked out.

Oh and let's buy iPhone 6 the year after. Steve would have wanted it that way.

Lol, do you mind if I sig this?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ieatchairs
View Post

Lol, do you mind if I sig this?

Go for it!

Also I don't know WHY people would have thought 4S was his last project anyway. They didn't DO anything!

1) They bought out Siri and installed it into the OS.
2) Samsung developed and produced a new and better CPU/GPU for them to drop in.
3) The released iOS 5 which incorporates the stuff Android has that they didn't

I sure a LOOOOOT of dev time went into the 4S.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kweechy
View Post

Go for it!

Done

·
OCN
1,540 Posts
Umm.. so who thought this was literally the last product Jobs had his eyes/hands on? This man probably had his paws on so much stuff that was on the Apple back burner that it would make these tech hounds faces melt.

·
Gamer
3,628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCloudFuneral
View Post

Knowing Jobs I'm sure that he would have plans for products for the next 5 years +

Honestly would not be surprised if it was more then 5+ years. He had to know he was going soon, he had cancer for quite some time.

·
(つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
917 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benladesh
View Post

Is this gonna be like Tupac where he dies but then they "find" secret stuff for years to come?

Lol sigged.

The 4s hasn't even been released yet, and we're already talking about the 5.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulerxx
View Post

Honestly would not be surprised if it was more then 5+ years. He had to know he was going soon, he had cancer for quite some time.

I am pretty sure he left plans for atleast 10+ years ahead or maybe even more.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCloudFuneral
View Post

Knowing Jobs I'm sure that he would have plans for products for the next 5 years +

Most likely. Most big companies have 1, 5, 10+ year plans. The long plans might not go into much detail about the actual product but they will have some ideas of what they want it to be / do.

Of course in the tech world things change so fast that these plans may be totally useless in 6 months time, but they still make them.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts