Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often should i reformat and why should i do this? I heard that 1 - 2 times a year is normal.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
1) Don't bump after 3 minutes... be patient.<br><br>
2) I reformat every few months. Usually 2-3 times a year.<br><br>
3) It just clears out all the crud windows piles up, gets your PC running like it's new. Make sure you back up your stuff, though.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I did a reformat yesterday but I never back up anything Idiot.I have a 300 gig external hdd what's the best way to do a good back up.Im still downloading stuff and programs.Copy and paste in the external HDD?

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
I reformat when I cannot save the system...<br>
I ususally save the system...feel me?

·
Registered
988 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>alexisd</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I did a reformat yesterday but I never back up anything Idiot.I have a 300 gig external hdd what's the best way to do a good back up.Im still downloading stuff and programs.Copy and paste in the external HDD?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Well yes you can do it that way.. just copy and paste everything to an external HDD. There are lots of ways... you can use a flash drive, ipod, burn dvds, or even send the files over the network to another computer. Just make sure you data is backed up. And yes it is normal I also reformat once every few months...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Thank's going to do rigth now/lol.I lost everything.I never used my external.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts