Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Samsung SyncMaster 997DF, and I was having some problems with the screen flickering. I figured out that it only happened when I was running 1600*1200 @ 70hz. I also figured out that even though windows hides the options above 70hz, this monitor can still handle 75hz @ 1600*1200. Anyway, I set it to 75hz, and the flickering has stopped in windows completly, but now games will only run at 70hz, and wont stay set on 75hz. So when I enter a game, the refresh rate changes. What do I have to do to keep the refresh rate the same for everything?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the monitor appears to be flickering even while at 1600*1200 @ 75hz. It only did it once.... degausing seemed to fix it, but it hadnt before, and it was much more frequent. Even now in games that are running at 70hz it is still flickering. There is nothing that could be causing interference nearby, so I dont know why the monitor is acting up. This is the second one I have tried (I returned the first one to best buy thinking it was defective) Anyone have any ideas as to what is caysing the flickering, and why the refresh rate wont stay constant in games?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Either I didnt do something right, or that program just disabled me from even running 1600*1200 in counter strike source. I dont have the option at all in the game menu, and now my refresh rate options in the display options are different than they were before, ie, I cant go any lower than 75hz...

[edit] Reinstalled latest Cats, it seems to be working fine now, thanks

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Are you sure of the refresh rates available? Is your monitor listed as Plug & Play in the advanced properties? If it's PnP you need to get the correct .dll file so XP can correctly detect your monitor. Frame rate and refresh can be effected by the "PnP" dection.

See what Everest Home says about your available rates/resolutions.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it worked for one time, but now its at it again. Yes the monitor is capeable of the resolution, and it has drivers that I have installed them correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts