Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having problems with my graphics driver restarting itself during certain games...so I uninstalled my nvidia drivers, booted to safe mode to run driver cleaner, restarted to install new drivers and then, of course, I restarted my system to complete the installation. Upon restart, I made the stupid mistake of saying yes to the prompt for my resolution to be automatically set(I normally wouldn't have done this except that I was in a hurry).

I'm guessing Vista didn't give the option to revert or automatically revert after 15 seconds or so. Now I get my monitors out of range display when my system is running.

Since I don't have another Vista system to figure out the keyboard sequence for changing it...I need someone to post back with a step-by-step key sequence for changing the resolution. It can be done either with nVidia's control panel or Vista's tool, but I would think using the nVidia control panel would be more difficult.

Vista prompted me to change resolution to 1600x1200 when it was previously 1024x768(maybe 1280x1024) with a vertical refresh rate of 85Hz, unless reinstalling drivers would set it back to 60Hz. The 'Out of Range' refresh rates are Horizontal-106.2KHz, Vertical-84.9Hz.

The maximum Vertical refresh rate of my monitor is 75Hz @ 1600x1200 resolution. The specs for refresh rates are: Horizontal--30k-95KHz, Vertical--max 75Hz @ 1600x1200(selectable options=60-85Hz). I normally run the monitor @ 1024x768 with a Vertical refresh rate of 85(84.9)Hz, making the horizontal rate=68.6KHz.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it wasn't as hard to fix as I first thought it would be. I guess for future reference to anyone else who accidentally makes this mistake...press F8 before Vista loads and select low resolution mode. When loaded you can set your resolution and restart.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I always tell the control panel to hide settings my monitor can't handle. That way this kind of thing does not happen.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
lol that mistake of yours remembered me the day one of my friends left his case in my house as he was going abroad. His specs. was great for that time (HD3870,Intel DualCore CPU and 2x1 gb ram). Knowing that he'll be away more than a week i connected his pc to my CRT monitor but that god damn "Signal is out of range" text did not go away

Later i discovered that he was using a wide screen LCD which supports different resolutions and refresh rates...

EDIT: lol i remember it wrong.actually it wasn't saying "No signal input" but "Out of range". I fixed it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts