Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the trick to manually install the two bottom updates? They get marked as successful after successful after successful, but never actually install. This is causing issues with me being able to install EA's Origin, and even play certain games. Stupid 0xc000007b error, and other Visual + errors keep causing applications to fail.

I can't for the life of me get this fixed, and I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING the web has to offers. Last resort would be to just reformat my computer, but I REALLY don't want to do that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisiss View Post

You might try the "WSUS offline" program and see if will install that way?
Ran the WSUS offline, and I still get the error when trying to install Origin and those two updates are still shown...
frown.gif
Looks like I may have to just reformat the computer.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
Direct link to the MS standalone update. Also download this - it's the most recent Visual C++ just to make sure you have that as well. I get weird errors like this after a fresh install until I get Windows updated, the C++ updates, and some other random bollacks. I'll hunt down more things that might be affecting this for you.

Check this page out as well, just to see if that will fix this.
Also I would use the cmd command sfc /scannow to see if there are any issues with Windows doing this.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcEsSalvation View Post

Direct link to the MS standalone update. Also download this - it's the most recent Visual C++ just to make sure you have that as well. I get weird errors like this after a fresh install until I get Windows updated, the C++ updates, and some other random bollacks. I'll hunt down more things that might be affecting this for you.

Check this page out as well, just to see if that will fix this.
Also I would use the cmd command sfc /scannow to see if there are any issues with Windows doing this.
Install failed on the Visual C++ install. (lol). 0x80240017 error.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
When was the last time you checked for Updates? Could you run the check and see what all shows up there. It all most sounds like you are missing even more prerequisites.

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something else critical. Grab .Net Framework 4.7, it's the most recent version. That is usually the first building block I try to install, however there may be a missing Windows block from WU you don't have yet. If you have any WUs installed, it's likely that you all ready have those first updates you need.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

When was the last time you checked for Updates? Could you run the check and see what all shows up there. It all most sounds like you are missing even more prerequisites.

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something else critical. Grab .Net Framework 4.7, it's the most recent version. That is usually the first building block I try to install, however there may be a missing Windows block from WU you don't have yet. If you have any WUs installed, it's likely that you all ready have those first updates you need.

I may be missing the 2015 Visual C++ if there is such a thing, but I feel highly confident that even if I install that, it won't fix the issue, lol. Some dll file is probably missing in my systems 32 folder. Maybe I should just spend the $100 and upgrade to confusing-as-fu*k Windows 10.

Thank you all for helping me through this.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
There is a 2015 version, several 2013, several 2012, etc. Link for the full page of them. Have you ran the command prompt to check for errors? Other than what I've all ready suggested, maybe running the Windows disk/USB drive to to a repair at boot could be the final fix for it. I feel it's more of missing updates and files rather than an error in your Windows install, but it may be.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

There is a 2015 version, several 2013, several 2012, etc. Link for the full page of them. Have you ran the command prompt to check for errors? Other than what I've all ready suggested, maybe running the Windows disk/USB drive to to a repair at boot could be the final fix for it. I feel it's more of missing updates and files rather than an error in your Windows install, but it may be.
Which command?

·
dontworkSundysormedaysoff
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3apR369 View Post

Quote:

Which command?
sfc scannow
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How the heck do I get rid of this 0x80240017 error?

I'm now unable to install Python for school work because of this annoying error.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
Quote:
Method 3: Try to remove the temp file:

a. Press Windows key + "R" to open RUN box

b. Type %temp% and click on "OK".

c. In temp folder location select all files and delete.

Method 4: Try to reregister the Windows Installer service:

a. Press Windows key+R.

b. Type msiexec /unregister and press enter, it will not show anything.

c. Again type in the Run box, msiexec /regserver and press enter, it will register but not show anything.
Also apparently make sure your system time is correct? You probably all ready saw that article.
Are you on Windows 8.1? If so, zelda. Remove all other 2015 versions you have on your system before running that one.

EDIT1: Also found this Universal C update.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Windows 7.

I may just just go buy a Windows 10 upgrade flash drive thingy.. This is causing to much of a headache.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
Do you have SP1 installed?
I'm also seeing people having luck after clearing out their temp folders.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts