Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project 1. EPIC window chiller

Decided to change the whole layout of the project. I am going to make a bench that holds 2 maybe three rigs worth of parts that will be cooled with 2 rads outside. I will have a seperate loop connected to another rad outside that is going to be routed to two rads inside that will be blowing cold air at the ram/gpus on each rig. The idea is to get all of this done without effecting the inside temp too much. Last winter had a similar set up only room temp was way too low for comfort might as well have been benching in the garage. Ive been doing some testing and I think I have everything covered exept for a third psu and I am hoping I have enough pumping power but I should. Wont have any more money to add to the project so it will be fun. Oh yea will also try and make my 775 rig so I can easily swap a pot in. Should be doable because its the same diameter as the block. Ill keep you updated I hope to finish in two weeks.
hehe I said pumping power

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not up and running yet need about a week or so gotta put new block and prep board, might grab another pump too. Only results so far is that the mag5 pump is a terrible investment to make.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ran into some size issues with progect 1 so made a quick nbpot which was project 2 making thread in dry ice cooling now.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reggiesanchez View Post
Project # 2 simple nb pot

That's a tall pot, could double as a downstem & bowl in a bong... cooler. Can't wait to see the water chiller in action.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not much to 3\\4 inch copper tube so I left it a little long but it dosent take much to cut my tube cutter will even do it. I was going to make it twice as long.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Full speed ahead on project 1 it will be epic if it works out. I just fixed a pump so I have enough power now. Hoping to be benching 3 rigs all with midwest winter cold from my warm desk. So far I have 5 rads and 4 pumps involved, along with a garbage picked shelf, and lots of garbage picked tower parts. Updating OP now

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know im not the first person to stick a rad out the window. That being said I have hit another brick wall I am trying to waterproof a fan. I thought it would be a little easier to take them apart then it actually is does anyone have any advice on protectiong the fans pcb from the weather. My original plan was just to take the blade off and apply plati dip to it but I cant seem to take a pc fan apart without destroying it. I am looking at a few other fans in my garage now I might have a canidate but its not ideal so ill take any advice.........

LOL @ spell check it keeps rubbing my poor spelling in my face.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fan poblem solved I had to rip apart a pretty nice window fan but what are you going to do. I found a work partner for the day so the window shroud and rad unit should be complete tonight and ready for testing. Kind of in a hurry now I am really trying to get this complete before its cold enough for condesation for testing purposes.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spent all day making pcb and wiring for window fan....... plugged it in and vregg went up in flames. It was kind of cool.... but mostly FAIL.

·
Registered
953 Posts
use DC 12v fans if they get wet they will be fine just power them with a separate power sorce like a old router adapter or something like that

12v fans will run under water look on U tube

if ur scared of that idea build a littel bird house deal to house ur rads and fans under a littel roof

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea thats what I ended up doing, its in an enclosure just wanted to use the window fan cause I had it and thought it would move more air. Threw some plastidip over the exposed pcb from fans and ran wires inside should be good. thanks shruik

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im up and running, the small loop only for now.

Out side temp = 8 degrees
Inside temp = 22 degrees
Res temp = 11 degrees
e5200 temp with 1.7 vcore idle is 18 degrees and not sure on load yet depending on stress test it stays around 35 degrees.

Not too bad for the smaller loop with next to no airflow hitting the rads. Ill set up the larger loop this weekend I hope.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts