Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a dedication to 3dfx in loving memory of my favorite series of video cards in gaming history... The VooDoo series *tear*

It was the first card I ever bought that let me play Quake at like 100fps with ease!
Long live 3dfx, the company that made nVidia play catch up for many years.

This Bud's for you 3dfx!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
My SLI'd voodoo2's were the love of my life infact i think i might set up a shrine to them. Why did 3dfx die, they should have killed Nvidia.

Even now, i hit on www.3dfx.com just to see their beloved logo. I remember how it used to spin on my screen whenever i started to play a game.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

My SLI'd voodoo2's were the love of my life infact i think i might set up a shrine to them. Why did 3dfx die, they should have killed Nvidia.

Even now, i hit on www.3dfx.com just to see their beloved logo. I remember how it used to spin on my screen whenever i started to play a game.

Same here *sniffle*

**** i miss 3dfx! They were the uber-shiznit, they should still be around takin' an ugly stick to nVidia's ass.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
i never got into 3dfx really but i do know that they were awesome cards

so nvidia bought them out i'm assuming?

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
i remember seeing them in stores alot when i was a little kid. they just dissapeared. what happened? hehe we can avenge them by buying only ATI cards

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm still usin my voodoo 3 3000! I paid a good 150 bucks for this baby. I'll have to retire it pretty soon though, finally built my first system and it's time to upgrade the vcard (;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts