Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I played it last night and the graphics, well they looked dated now and not in that great of detail. Did that game come out in like 2004?

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
I remember when you put it on Ultra and you would get that huge warning about how you would never have 512MB of memory to be able to run it...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I remember it being not that great. I remember it using the "door opens behind you, monster jumps out, to scare the bejesus out of you" trick wayyy too much. Had decent graphics at the time obviously. But that hardly makes it the ultimate game.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Peen
View Post

There's a lot nice mods out there for Doom 3 that make it look modern, somewhat.

Are there any that can aloow 1080p play?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehrawk;15280910
I remember it being not that great. I remember it using the "door opens behind you, monster jumps out, to scare the bejesus out of you" trick wayyy too much. Had decent graphics at the time obviously. But that hardly makes it the ultimate game.
+1

It came out at the same time roughly as Half Life 2, which was in every way a better game. Still, it was a cool game, but I felt was kind of hampered by the "flashlight" thing... Plus I always wanted to go explore outside the domes in the red sand of Mars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts