Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so im looking for options on how to remove a Ramnit virus on my portable HDD without reformatting my drive. I don't know how many files are infected but it came from a folder that had alot of my old computer stuff had so i dunno when they could have been infected. I have seen some people just say your regular anti virus, in my case Microsoft Security Essentials, should be able to find and quarantine or kill the virus. Others claim you should use something like Linux Ubuntu Live CD. The problem is i know these programs didn't come with the ramnit and they were infected so i want to do it in a way where i can see which files were infected and redownload a clean version of the program to put back on my Portable. Ubuntu Linux on its try version doesn't seem like it would help in that situation if everything is done via command line. and then completely gone when i turn it off so im at a bit of a loss.

Anyone recommend which way and a how to guide would be helpful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesnt help much considering its on a portable hdd. Isnt that just an online version of security essentials?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts