Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any bright ways to do so without the tool? I've tried a few things and it's quite complicated to get both sides at once..

Edit, Figured how to get them out of the plastic sheath, now how about uncrimping them?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducky
View Post

Anyone have any bright ways to do so without the tool? I've tried a few things and it's quite complicated to get both sides at once..

i just pull really hard and sometimes the come out fine lol, i also have a box of extra pins so putting a new one on isnt a big deal

edit: uncrimping them meaning getting them off the wire? needle nose pliers or a small screwdriver to get in there and bend the wings out

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
They've got two little tabs which spread out and catch on the plastic casing...

e.g.

.|
.|
/|\\

If you use a pen or a thickish needle, you can push them flat with it and slide the wire out easily

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by prosser13
View Post

They've got two little tabs which spread out and catch on the plastic casing...

e.g.

.|
.|
/|

If you use a pen or a thickish needle, you can push them flat with it and slide the wire out easily

Yeah, I wedged the tweezers from a swill army knife in there and pushed them flush then pulled it out, relatively simple and would have only taken 2 minutes to do what I needed if I had not re-inerted them into the plastic molex connector the wrong way

·
Banned
2,135 Posts
I use a pen knife blade, shoved them over and pulled them through.

Converted a 12v 3pin to molex adaptor to a 5v the other day for my CPU cooler. May up it to 7v.

·
Is he still around?!
11,240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
Edit, Figured how to get them out of the plastic sheath, now how about uncrimping them?
Cut them off and use new ones. Petras sells new ends, just crimp those on where the old ones were. Save yourself some time and effort

Petras linkage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts