Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I give out REPs I always put a message followed by - DeaDLocK so people know I gave them the REP... Some people dont leave a name so you dont know who gave it to you.

Would it be possible to have names attached to the message automaticly so you know who the sender is.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I remember other users asking for this... I think its a great idea

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Currently, if someone leaves you rep, there is a field with their name, and a link to the post with which they rep'd you for.

Its a relatively new addition, but its there!

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
i agree - some users may want to stay anonymous though, i cant think why. maybe a tick box which says 'Keep Me Anonymous' when you leave rep. By default your name would be given.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
welp, let me be the first to say no its not... o_O

theres a comment cell but its not always filled out

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
When people leave me rep, even if the comment field is filled in or not, I see their name...hmmm

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
doubt that would really do anything worthwhile

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut
welp, let me be the first to say no its not... o_O

theres a comment cell but its not always filled out
Same here. I see everything else Admin mentioned except the username.

• Rep+
Reactions: Crash

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
LOL, I gave someone reps once and they complained that they didnt do anything to deserve it. What they didnt know is that I was reping for something elce, I just couldnt (Didnt want to take the time) Find the thread. So I dont leave my name anymore.

PS - Forum loyality also gets reps

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the REP but this is all I see...

Thx for the REPs... Almost got 230 now.

EDIT: When you click the thread link it takes you to the post that I posted that I got the REP for and that you used to click REP button.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I think another cell should be added right in between date and comment and that cell would hold the usersname... that way the comment could still be blank or could hold an explanation

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I will see what Admin thinks about enabling it for everyone.

I think its a mod thing at the moment (which I didnt know previously, thanks for the heads up guys)

I think Admin has it disabled for general members because of possible retaliation when a negative rep is given.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
it was a good idea when negative points could be given... this community hasnt suffered any of the downfalls of other forums tho... this is the only site Ive ever seen a rep/ karma/ whatever other sites call it system work

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another suggestion is REPs for PMs... I have just been PMed by a member with some useful info and I would like to be able to REP them through the PM.

If this is already available and I just missed it then you have permission to slap me with a wet fish

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
ha, as SOON as you posted and I saw this you were already at 103

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.