Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sucked up the cord to my Carcharias headset whilst vacuuming the other day then just pulled the cord out of the vacuum. The next day when I went to use the headset only one side of the headset works (the side that has the microphone attached no long transmits audio).

The microphone still works.

Any idea how I should go about attempting to repair this? The cord is covered in braided cloth, I felt around the cord and feel a couple areas where the wire beneath feels a bit rigid/bent. I tried shaking the cord and wiggling it to attempt to find the section where the damage is but had no success.

Do I just cut off the braiding like a normal cable cover? I imagine there are the typical wires with plastic covering on the outside beneath the fabric.

Thanks for any info you can offer, would love to save some money by doing a DIY repair but wanted to try to get a little insight first.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
It's not really "normal" wiring underneath (usually) so it may not be as easy to repair as you want it to be. They are already broken though so it's not like you can make it worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.