Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke a fan blade on my 200mm fan in my P180 mini. Took a good knick out of my finger too but that aside i was wondering if the Bitfenix Spectre pro 200 mm fan and a fan controller would be a better replacement for it. Im looking for highest cfm with smallest dba as usual. Just really needs to push air out the top, Im not trying to stick it to a rad or anything.

The ratings for the bitfenix say that they push out more air and sound quieter than the antec bb fan at similar dba.

bitfenix

Speed (RPM) 900 RPM ±10%
Air Flow (CFM) 148.72 CFM ±10%
Air Pressure (mmH2O) 1.26 mmH2O
Noise (dB-A) 27.5 dB(A)

antec

Speed: 400 rpm, 600 rpm, 800 rpm-
Airflow: 83 cfm, 108 cfm, 134 cfm-
Noise: 24 dBA, 27 dBA, 30 dBA

Any one with experience with these fans know?

Also i know the mounting is pretty specific with the mini p180. but i dont mind tinkering around with the case/fan/both to make it fit.

Or i could just ghetto rig it with zip ties. lol

thanks again

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i think you need to go with the antec big boy fan. you need the two flat edges for it to fit. i think you can pick them up for around $20 now. the factory 200mm is more than enough air flow on high.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
not a single 200mm fan its worth it man.. ive tried them all, nzxt, antec, cooler master, thermaltake, 1 yate loon, bitfenix.. ALL of them are "optimized" for 1 thing: silence.. BUT in the process, they losed the ability to move any kind of air, plain and simple...

and over 100+cfm ?? noooo, god noo, not even close, and thats testing EVERY fan i mentioned against a cm excalibur (85cfm rated)

no fan at all, fan running at every speed from low to max.. didnt make a difference in temps in my case ( 4 200mm fans !! ) just barely like 2 degrees on my gpu, thats all

do yourself a favor and slap a proper 120/140mm fan in that spot, and dont waste your time
thumb.gif

·
Registered
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVO View Post

not a single 200mm fan its worth it man.. ive tried them all, nzxt, antec, cooler master, thermaltake, 1 yate loon, bitfenix.. ALL of them are "optimized" for 1 thing: silence.. BUT in the process, they losed the ability to move any kind of air, plain and simple...
and over 100+cfm ?? noooo, god noo, not even close, and thats testing EVERY fan i mentioned against a cm excalibur (85cfm rated)
no fan at all, fan running at every speed from low to max.. didnt make a difference in temps in my case ( 4 200mm fans !! ) just barely like 2 degrees on my gpu, thats all
do yourself a favor and slap a proper 120/140mm fan in that spot, and dont waste your time
thumb.gif
Did you expect it to drop over 10 degrees? The thing with larger fans, is that they move the same amount of air, but at a lower RPM/more silent. They aren't optimized for silent, they're optimized to move the same amount of air - the result being lower noise.
Unless you have the fan enclosed in a chamber, how did you get your test result? More CFM won't drop your temperatures if your ambient doesn't allow it to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.