Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my Medusas finally died after about a year and a half of solid use. The power supply will no longer turn on, and it seems to be fried. The headset's out of warranty, so that's not an option.

I'm looking for a replacement for them, with 5.1 and a mic. Budget is up to about $250. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i suggest you step up to real headphones. with the surround sound abilities of your x-fi, you wont miss anything. with a 250$ budget you can get a lot. honestly, i've had the medusas -and 30$ 'real' headphones have so much better sound quality. for 250$ u can get headphones that will make you want to set fire to those 5.1 toys.

the biggest and baddest headset is a beyerdynamic mmx300. next is a sennheiser pc350. you can get a lot more for your money by getting regular headphones and a clip on mic.
a few popular 200$ options that wont need an extra amp
audio technica ath-a900
beyerdynamic dt770/80 pro
sennheiser hd595

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the AKG K601s ? I'm stuck between the ATH A700s, Seinhsiser HD595s, and AKG K601s. I do prefer open backs, because I tend to wear headphones for hours upon hours, so highly considering the AKGs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts