Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased an open box Logitech G9x and realized that the feet of the mouse has a lot of scratches. My previous MX Revolution seems to track smoother and quieter on my mouse pad than my G9x.

I'm thinking about replacing the mouse feet on my G9x. Which do you guys recommend?

Hyperglides $10 (2 sets) about 1 month waiting
Logitech OEM $5 (1 set) Ebay

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I haven't tried hyperglides so I couldn't tell you which ones are better. I will just say that you should look for mouse feet that has rounded edges. I know the Logitech ones have them. They're thick too, which is also a plus.

That said, I've used a g9 for months on a wooden table, and when I finally got a mouse pad I hardly noticed a difference between them and my brand new deathadder. I got a new g9x tho, and the new pads felt amazing on the mouse pad even though the mouse itself weighs a ton.

I should probably get some to slap on my DA.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuad;13002345
I haven't tried hyperglides so I couldn't tell you which ones are better. I will just say that you should look for mouse feet that has rounded edges. I know the Logitech ones have them. They're thick too, which is also a plus.

That said, I've used a g9 for months on a wooden table, and when I finally got a mouse pad I hardly noticed a difference between them and my brand new deathadder. I got a new g9x tho, and the new pads felt amazing on the mouse pad even though the mouse itself weighs a ton.

Cool, thanks for your input.

Anyone with the G9/G9x with Hyperglides mind sharing their experience and comparison vs. the original Logitech feet?

·
Somewhere in time
1,488 Posts
I had a G9 and the feet wore off after some time and the coating on the grip wore off. I contacted logitech and they sent a new grip and brand new feet for free. Just a heads up in case you don't want to pay. Sorry, no experience with hyperglides.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuad;13002345

The G9x is heavier than the G9 ? I find the G9 a very light mouse!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ;13002724
The G9x is heavier than the G9 ? I find the G9 a very light mouse!
No no the g9 and the g9x are the same weight. 140+ grams without any weight. They are extremely heavy. Without the grip shells, it's a little over 100g.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.