Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've had my deathadder 3.5G for about a year now. The mouse broke recently and I had the warranty so I sent it back to get a replacement. While I was waiting for the replacement to come I used my laptop mouse and noticed how light the mouse was. I was accurate at fast swipes that normally wasn't possible with the deathadder.

When my replacement came I noticed how heavy the deathadder was. I couldn't maneuver like I wanted to. I'm sure I suck, but the accuracy I had with a ligher mouse made me want to lighten up the deathadder.

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative mouse? A mouse that has a capability of 900-1000 DPI that does not have acceleration/prediction? Weighs less than ~100G?

I found this: http://www.geekstuff4u.com/elecom-pop-grast-mouse.html

But I cannot find any reviews about that mouse.

What do you guys think?

My comfortable DPI is 900.

·
Registered
250 Posts
do you even lift?

but honestly trhere are few times that my aim kinda get ****ed and felt it was heavy. i ended up doing some pushups, lifting some craps and my aim improved alot same as the mouse weight felt lighter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What type of surface are you using? I notice a great improvement in using my Death Adder when I bought a new Razer Vespula surface to mouse on

·
Registered
977 Posts
ill have to agree with this guy when using my DA on a soft pad my aim with da wasnt good on hard pad it went up and I believe it because of the weight. I went back to using my zowie fk and a soft pad and my accuracy went up in cs:go. I really wish the DA was lighter and for some reason on 450 dpi it malfunction like crazy on my qck+ sideways and it brand new

·
✔️
1,584 Posts
If you want a light mouse you could consider waiting for bst's mouse. Right now its specs say that it is 65g+cable and it uses one of the most accurate sensors avaiable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedModRed View Post

What type of surface are you using? I notice a great improvement in using my Death Adder when I bought a new Razer Vespula surface to mouse on
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller0015 View Post

ill have to agree with this guy when using my DA on a soft pad my aim with da wasnt good on hard pad it went up and I believe it because of the weight. I went back to using my zowie fk and a soft pad and my accuracy went up in cs:go. I really wish the DA was lighter and for some reason on 450 dpi it malfunction like crazy on my qck+ sideways and it brand new
I use an artisan hayate soft cloth pad. I noticed if I use it without a pad it moves pretty fast effortlessly but that's expected without any drag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukkooh View Post

If you want a light mouse you could consider waiting for bst's mouse. Right now its specs say that it is 65g+cable and it uses one of the most accurate sensors avaiable.
Wow I never heard of this mouse before. I just looked into it and it first started development in 2011. How much longer do you think it will be in development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc0s View Post

Roccat savu, weighs 90g has no acceleration and no prediction.
Zowie EC2 Evo, 90g no accel/prediction.
Thanks for these suggestions. The EC2 Evo looks just like a deathadder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Roccat Savu (400/800/1600/4000 CPI)
Zowie AM (or FK if you can get one) (450/1150/2300 CPI)
Thank you for these suggestions. Do you happen to know if you can fine tune the DPI? 450 is too low and 1150 is a little too high. Is there a sensitivity adjustment in the drivers? The deathadder drivers have a 1/10 scale to fine tune the DPI.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Unfortunately, those are the only three cpi steps on the zowie mice. They don't come with any software to control sensor settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
✔️
1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kyle View Post

Wow I never heard of this mouse before. I just looked into it and it first started development in 2011. How much longer do you think it will be in development?
Bst said a while ago that the mouse is 99% ready IIRC.

·
PC Gamer
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikon View Post

do you even lift?

but honestly trhere are few times that my aim kinda get ****ed and felt it was heavy. i ended up doing some pushups, lifting some craps and my aim improved alot same as the mouse weight felt lighter.
lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
I wish mice were less heavy. Using 36 cm/360 with Zowie AM, I feel it's too heavy and you can't grip it properly. Too slippery. Arm gets really tired if you game alot. Wish mice were like 60-70g.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
What's it with all the weak arms? Seriously, my arm or wrist have never been tired my any mouse weight. I prefer light mice as well, simply because they feel better, but I never had muscle problems. And I don't really work out much other than carrying my son around or some pushups now and then.

I think the problem is more ergonomical, like a wrong position of the upper body or arm relative to the desk. It must be something like this because I can't imagine anyone being that weak that some 100g mice really tire your arms (as long as you play games that allow for some rest, if you move like crazy all the time of course the arm gets tired, but that's regardless of any extra weight).

·
Registered
505 Posts
I agree with Ino sometimes the shape or coating of the mouse can make it feel like it weighs a lot more than it does, for example my hands grip glossy mice but rubber coated mice slip a lot so the regular deathadder is normal weight to me but the black edition feels like it weighs a lot more since I have to grip it harder to prevent it from slipping my hand tires very fast.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Probably grip plays a part in it too. But playing games like QL for extended hours would make any arm tired. With low sens.

I really doubt doing pushups or lifting weights have anything to do to solve the problem though.. Moving your hand around constantly for say 10 hours a day should itself be some good workout if its a routine.

Not 100% sure tho. Hopefully I am not the only one experiencing this
tongue.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts