Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of an idea that would get rid of most spam post soon after they are posted.

Have the "Report Post" button setup so that say after 20 (or whatever number) different people hit the report post button, the post gets erased.

I think most of the time the mods do an awesome job at deleting them quickly. But later at night a lot of the time there isn't a mod on for hours, which allows the post to be up there "freely advertising".

(and maybe if there is some risk of people reporting other posts purposely, maybe it can just be for the news section)

**edit
or another way to control abuse of this system would be to only allow the post to be deleted if the person has under like 5 reps, or has joined within a week.. because all the spammers I have ever seen have less than 5 posts and no reps

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I agree, very good idea!

Btw, i have seen spam in other sections, but yes the majority of the spam's are in the news section.

-FilluX

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilluX
View Post

I agree, very good idea!

Btw, i have seen spam in other sections, but yes the majority of the spam's are in the news section.

-FilluX

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_ame_killer_2
View Post

This have been suggested a while back but I don't remember what the admin/mods said.

And yeah, I agree.

Oh it has been? man well I would like to see what they say, I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't work, especially if they do what I added to my first post under "*edit"...

Unless this just plain isn't compatible with this type of forum... but anything can be done with the proper knowledge so idk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlastshotx
View Post

Yeah, I did think of one way it would work in all areas... (see the *edit on the first post)

That would be even better, since every spammer i have seen has got 1 post (the spam post) and 0 rep ofcourse.

-FilluX

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
The system we plan on implementing would allow a post to be "flagged", which would kick it back into the moderation queue (effectively removing it from the public forums until such time as a staff member can look at it).

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
yay, we no longer have to worry, chipp is on the case

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_ame_killer_2 View Post
This have been suggested a while back but I don't remember what the admin/mods said.

And yeah, I agree.
Original thread here, it seemed to have died :[

Good to hear though Chipp

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilluX
View Post

That would be even better, since every spammer i have seen has got 1 post (the spam post) and 0 rep ofcourse.

-FilluX

I saw one that had two reps, one post, 2 unique rep...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberDruid
View Post

That sounds like SHAM WOW

I mean a good plan.

I say wow every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts