161 - 180 of 1089 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaal Sinestro View Post

Annnnd I'm done!

Thank you Devious Dog!

Made from scratch and tested(24 pin, EPS, and VGA) to work:)
Thanks for doing this.

Can you double check the 24 pin connector please, pin 20 is normally unused?

I'm a bit confused with the PCI-E connector and am not sure what the 4A/4B split pin-out represents on the component side and the 5/1 split pin-out on the PSU side. Because a 12V can be replaced with a 12V and a Ground with a Ground then colour coding might help clarify these particular pin-outs.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Sorry to be a pain but could you double check the pin-outs for the PCI-E cables again please.

On that PSU the connectors for the PCI-E are also used for the EPS/CPU connector(s) therefore logically (and as there's no dual wires shown for the EPS/CPU connector) pin-outs 5-8 should be 12V and 1-4 should be Ground. There should be 2 sets of dual wires for Ground coming out of the PSU from pin-outs 1-4. Surely Pin 8 on the PSU side should therefore be 12V and not a Ground.

Colour coding them will help me see what's going on more clearly.

Confused.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've double check and they are correct. The problem I think is easy to see with the pic you see here

The PCI-E and EPS share the same outputs. Hope that helps:)

P.S. I don't have a voltmeter to test the voltages and the cables and the black wires.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
If they share the same output then how can the PSU connectors for the PCI-E connector have a shared ground on pin 8 when the PSU connector for pin 8 for the CPU connector shows it as having 12V?

If you colour code them you should hopefully have a better idea of what I mean.

Edit: I think it's the pin-out numbering on the PSU connectors for the CPU 8 pin that are throwing me, they're the opposite way round to those for the PCI-E 6+2 pin PSU Connector.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the stock cable.

I get what your saying now, but I hope you can see in this pic that that's how they are wired. Why that is I don't know. I'm no electrical engineer and I don't work at HighPower. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Look closely at your pin numbering on the PSU connector for the PCI-E and then the CPU. You'll see that they're different, you've got the CPU one the opposite way round to what it should be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are 2 pics of the EPS cable. Both ends and the top and bottom of the connectors. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I stand by my earlier assertion that the EPS and PCI-E are correct.

·
Senior OCN Member
41,223 Posts
Anyone in here that have a HighPower Astro Gold?

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
HX850 is here. I believe there are a number of different versions and I think this is version 1. That image shows the connections on the back of the PSU.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're a life saver thanks man for all this info, the whole Corsair wiring thing has been a headache until now
biggrin.gif

Many cheers

Just of curiosity do I have to follow the crisscrossing pattern of the wires that is shown in some pics to the PCI-E to the video card? It seems to me as long as all the +12's and Grounds are lined up that's all that should matter, right?

Also real quick. If I wanted to make a gpu cable with 6x16awg with a single end connected to the psu instead of two separate connectors in 2 slots, would that put any more stress on that slot? Or are all the +12v inside the PSU connected from a single point anyway so it wouldn't matter? I noticed Seasonic does this by default anyway. I just want to make sure though before I go and make a whole bunch of new cables.

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRider69 View Post

Just of curiosity do I have to follow the crisscrossing pattern of the wires that is shown in some pics to the PCI-E to the video card? It seems to me as long as all the +12's and Grounds are lined up that's all that should matter, right?

Right

Also real quick. If I wanted to make a gpu cable with 6x16awg with a single end connected to the psu instead of two separate connectors in 2 slots, would that put any more stress on that slot? Or are all the +12v inside the PSU connected from a single point anyway so it wouldn't matter? I noticed Seasonic does this by default anyway. I just want to make sure though before I go and make a whole bunch of new cables.

If I understand this correctly, you want to have dual wires in each of the pin-outs for a PSU connector to make 2 x 6 pin connectors.? If that's the case then:
it seems to be OK to do it as Corsair also do this. I'm not sure if there's any implications for multi-rail PSUs though.
I'd suggest splicing the wires.
I'd only consider this if you were short of PCI-E cables.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can someone post the Pinout of the PCI-E cables of the AX850?

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Check again, it's there.
For the AX850 i can't see, I just see the CPU and 24pins diagrams.

161 - 180 of 1089 Posts