Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had the material in there scrotums to try this program I have. Lol.
What kind of results have you guys gotten?

I cant find much on the internet about anyone's clocks or results with the GTX280.

we should start a voltage tuner Club.

EDIT: I would like to see a screen shot of your EVGA Voltage Turner and GPU-Z if possible.
LL

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Just tweaked my 9800gx2 and its awesome! My clocks are crazy high now!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
not really pushed my GTX295 yet as its on air still bt I got about a 70mhz(700mhz core on stock volts) increase on the core using it.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well it turns out ati tool doesn't like me. I normally use rthdribl to stress test but as it doesn't show a timer i thought I would use ATi tool as it adds legitimacy to how long its been running. Ati tool had different ideas. it decided to make my pc restart even at stock settings

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Woot!
LL

• Rep+
Reactions: FaceCannon

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaceCannon View Post
wow nice!
Yeah I think I've hit a bottleneck with my processor though because I have to run it at stock clocks until my new mobo comes. I can't get my Vantage score above P14500 no matter how high I clock my card.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I can't get much more of an overclock because my GTX 260 is running at 71*C. I need it to be under 60*C to achieve a higher overclock. Nonetheless, EVGA Voltage Tuner is awesome!

I tried another program called Voltage Factory, and I noticed jumps to 1.9v every like 10 minutes. At that rate, my GTX 260 will be dead in a week! EVGA isn't giving me any of these problems!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually get lower marks in 3d mark vantage when I raise my voltage with EVGA Voltage Tuner. It just seams to mark the card hotter!

I get some decent overclocking thou with 'evga precision' on my gtx 260(192sp) .

std clocks
576 core clock
1242 shader clock
999 memory clock

o/c clocks- runs smooth with no artifacts
fan speed 100 - 60* temp on load
760 core
1560 shader
1215 memory
volt 1150

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
but are these clocks stable for gameplay after using voltage reg to get higher than you used to be able to get?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
but are these clocks stable for gameplay after using voltage reg to get higher than you used to be able to get?
I only overclock my video card for benchmarking. Because It runs most games I play full detail and top rez on std clocks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts