Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So i'm pretty new to the Ryzen platform in general, only upgraded cause my old bulldozer died on me in december, so got myself a 3300x with an Aorus B450 Elite and some G-skill Ripjaws 3200mhz ram,

Anyhow i was playing with the clocks in Ryzen Master and noticed that playing with the voltages/clock speeds i was able to bring up my cpu to 4.4ghz at 1.25v while running cooler than stock out of the box settings? and not just by a small margin either, i went from ~70c under full load to about 58-59c which surprised me quite a bit,

Anyhow i tried going further and am currently sat at 4.6ghz @ 1.275 volts and it appears to be stable as of writing this, so i'm tempted to keep it like this but wondering if the voltage isn't a bit high for continuous use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unlikely you can go from [email protected] to [email protected]

Below 1.3V should be ok for daily use

Could be that i can sit at 4.4ghz well below 1.25v just didn't bother testing it, i just slapped 1.25v on there and it worked, increased clocks till it was unstable and then bumped to 1.275v and was able to hit the 4.6ghz with that, haven't been able to hit 4.7ghz though even at 1.325v so not even gonna bother with that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay i am sooo confused right now, Decided to leave Ryzen Master and OC in the bios, did a +0.230~ Dynamic Vcore and bumped multi to 46 for 4.6ghz and tbh i'm not even sure what's going on as my system is reporting a voltage of 1.1v at 4.6ghz and it's stable? wth

Attachments

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,539 Posts
It will reboot instantly once you fire up Prime95 small FFTs. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Okay i am sooo confused right now, Decided to leave Ryzen Master and OC in the bios, did a +0.230~ Dynamic Vcore and bumped multi to 46 for 4.6ghz and tbh i'm not even sure what's going on as my system is reporting a voltage of 1.1v at 4.6ghz and it's stable? wth
Could you run a Chinebench R20? I'm curious what voltage you would need to pass it trough at 4.6GHz.Include screenshoot with CPU-Z ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
The only way I have found to remove your 4.4Ghz cap is with Ryzen Master auto overclock cpu +200 and what I have done to the 3100 as it has a 4.1Ghz boost clock now ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts