Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored of my build already and making some huge changes.First off i dropped 1 HD6970 2gig version (Just didnt need it).This Pc was built in Memory of my beloved Brother that passed away @ 43 from a blood clot.Requiem was great but just not great enough for a Pc made in honor of him.Anyway here is Requiem now:

Before Picture:

newer004.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/intel-build-logs/1018626-requiem-build-log-updated-now-5ghz.html

And so far here is what i just ordered so far although there are many more cooling parts to be ordered still.This is just a start.

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
http://tinyurl.com/2co4zhm
nzxt_phantom.jpg

XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 Universal CPU / Triple Radiator Water Cooling Kit
http://tinyurl.com/3w6w4z4
rasa360.jpg

EK Corsair Dominator Series Ram Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Electroless Nickel Plated
http://tinyurl.com/4yuxwxx
ramcooler.jpg

Antec VERIS Multimedia Station Premier Infrared receiver(Have from Requiem)
index.jpg

PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - 10ft Retail Pack - White
http://tinyurl.com/3udd8hf
tubing.jpg

Mod/Smart Kobra High Density Cable Sleeving 1/8" - White
http://tinyurl.com/3qrja77
sleeving.jpg

1/4" White Heatshrink
shrinktube.jpg

Bitspower Chrome G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID
http://tinyurl.com/3c4vxpo
fitting.jpg

White and Black Paint

Next i will be ordering an Ek Hd6970 block and EK top plate.Also another small Rad and compression fittings for all connections.

Also i will be making some windows and other mods to the case but couldnt tell you what yet till i get started.

Stay Tuned for more! also leave any comments you like.but before its said, I know the Memory cooler is not really needed but damn it looks nice
smile.gif

PS: If anyone knows a good place to buy compression fittings in the Usa for the best price then please share.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNicholas;14756315
Ah yes, the Phantom. awesome case man. i own it myself and i have to say excellent choice.
thumb.gif
Thanks mate, when i was building it in the first place i kept looking at the Phantom and bought the Df-85 instead.I never stopped thinking of the Phantom and it drove me so crazy i finally had to Revamp the whole thing.I agree though Beautiful Case!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just some Benchmarks and stuff from Requiem.Dont know if anyone cares but i will post them just in case someone does.

5 Ghz Cpuz Validation:
5ghzBaby.png

Screeny showing 5 Ghz Stable running Prime95 also shows 3d mark06 score of 35,124.
5ghzstable.png

Memory Benchmark: 2136 mhz @ 9.12.9.27 1T
MaxxMEM2_m2422.jpg

3d Mark 06 Score (35,124)
351253dmark06.png

I hope someone enjoyed these. It was alot of work and alot of fun.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some updates to Requiem. It was supposed to be a complete Black and white Theme but I am running into a problem with to much red!
a6898911-b6a1-bb58.jpg

a6898911-b6c7-e324.jpg

a6898911-b6e8-429e.jpg

Here's a before shot of the Power supply. I will add pictures of it's progress as I finish it.

a6898911-b74a-c58f.jpg

a6898911-b762-07f2.jpg

Keep watching. I plan on doing tons to this Rig!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed the DL Burner drive color nothing big, I'm still waiting on the postal truck to arrive today to do more.

Nothing is really bolted in yet. They are just sitting in place for measurements.

a6898911-790a-f6e6.jpg

a6898911-79dc-f57b.jpg

a6898911-79fe-087c.jpg

Will post more soon.Having trouble at the moment finding molex pins locally also. That might be a huge hold up.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That is a nice mod!

Keep this going and we have a winner. (use white lighting if your to make it flashy.)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One water block in and the Res is in. The memory waterblock won't be here till tommorrow
frown.gif
so looks like I am held up a little.But here's what I got so far. And the red is still bugging me.

a6898911-deff-6890.jpg

a6898911-df1c-2568.jpg

a6898911-df38-489d.jpg

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What you guys think so far? Gonna be a while before I get the other Rad and Gpu Block . But I still got tons of wiring to do anyway. I will probably die of old age before I get the Power supply sleeved! Anyway here she is . What ya guys think of her so far?

a6898911-27b8-6a7b.jpg

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still haveny ordered the rest of he Loop. I wanted the nickle Ek Gpu block and Ram cover but i decided to buy everything from Performance Pc.They had better prizes then Frozen does. But figures they are our of stock on the waterblock i wanted
frown.gif
is there a better or Cheaper place to buy cooling parts other then Frozen Pc and Performance Pc? In the Usa that is.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know how you guys do it Financially . I just dumped another $260. Just to cool the Video card and that still didn't even get me 1 compression fitting! I can't believe the price if the fitting. It looks like I an going to be using Danger Den reusable clamps till funds come up
frown.gif
it's a bummer because I didn't even want to run it without them.
But on a good note I ordered :

2 White and black Fans
1 EK VGA black Nickel
1 EK Pcb board cover
30 more feet 1/8 Sleeving
Few feet white shrink tube
1 Magicool Extreme dual 120mm fan Rad.
10 Danger Den Reusable Clamps.
6 more 1/2" Barbs.

So at least I can get going on the project again. I will keep you guys posted With pictures . ect when the stuff gets here.Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone like it? Anything you dislike or anything at all? I feel lonely typing all these threads an no replies
frown.gif
I depend on you guys for everything I do to my build. I value your oppinions. And your praise of course.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blah there's nothing worse then waiting for parts in the mail! I can't even finish sleeving the power supply without it. Anyway more pictures soon as the mail comes. Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some small updates:

Parts came in but they sent me the wrong size Danger Den Clamps. I ordered 1/2" but got 5/8".

Installed Waterblock and Ram plate on my 6970.

Installed Fans and fittings on Rad.

That's about all for tonight. But still got tons of sleeving to do and mod the drive cage. Make a new top plate for the top rad, Make side panel and the list goes on!

Here's how she's sitting now:
a68988c6-9275-6690.jpg

a68988c6-92a3-1941.jpg

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It looks slick, bro
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts