Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am plotting a new amd zen build with a 390x or the next gen. I want to add at least 2x240 or a 240 and a 360 rad. I am hoping for enough space to push/pull the top if not also the bottom. And I want bay space for 4 hdd and 1 ssd. Any suggustions, or if you know someone that makes custom dimension cases.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've owned a lot of cases and hands down Caselabs is in a class of its own. I would never buy anything else again.

·
Registered
938 Posts
When it comes to customization there are not many manufactures to choose from. All of them are high end manufactures. The posable exception could be cool master HAF stacker if OP is looking for customizable there is only one choice in my opinion. Caselabs.

·
RPG Gamer
4,224 Posts
Both of these are great for watercooling.

Fractal Define R5

Fractal Define S

• Rep+
Reactions: Maelthras

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm running push top and pull front, but my 750D could easily push/pull both. I just don't see the need for the extra noise. My system cools 600 watts easily and silently. I use an XSPC EX360 on top and an EX240 on the front and gentle typhoon 1850s spinning at 1050.

I like the 750D because it's not quite as large as the 900D, but still has a ton of space and has a lot of options for however you want to set it up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

I'm running push top and pull front, but my 750D could easily push/pull both. I just don't see the need for the extra noise. My system cools 600 watts easily and silently. I use an XSPC EX360 on top and an EX240 on the front and gentle typhoon 1850s spinning at 1050.

I like the 750D because it's not quite as large as the 900D, but still has a ton of space and has a lot of options for however you want to set it up.
i love my 750D
thumb.gif
Top: 240 x 60mm Rad & 25mm fan( it could fit 360 x 60mm rad but i dont like reservoir inside my case ). Bot :120 x 60mm Rad & push pull 25mm fan. Front: 240 x 60mm Rad & 25mm ( could fit push pull but it have a frame case that blocked the fan and rad )

the other option is Fractal Design Arc midi R2 or Arc XL

·
Registered
221 Posts
currently got the 900D but for what ur asking - it would be way over kill, and caselabs cases is if ur doing a
kookoo.gif
build (they do have smaller cases but not worth the $$$ that other brands can manage just as good).

Cosmos S or Cosmos 2 are slighty smaller than the 900D and a little bit closer to 750D.

It really does come to the amount of $$$$ u want to spend..

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Case labs make the best cases
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousPop View Post

currently got the 900D but for what ur asking - it would be way over kill, and caselabs cases is if ur doing a
kookoo.gif
build (they do have smaller cases but not worth the $$$ that other brands can manage just as good).

Cosmos S or Cosmos 2 are slighty smaller than the 900D and a little bit closer to 750D.

It really does come to the amount of $$$$ u want to spend..
Case Labs Cases are more than worth the money over the other cases they are completely customize able and can grow with you. they are not made of cheap plastic and stamped steel. not a single piece of plastic in them. you can replace any part of them if you want or need to. For water cooling there is not a better case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

There are several Phanteks cases that would fit the bill perfectly...
Again I will say for water cooling there is not a better case than a case labs case. They are cheaper ones, ones that you have to cram everything into but to build a nice looking water cooled computer there is not one that is better!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could also look at the new Thermaltake's that came out last week...
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/content.aspx?id=6708

Newegg has them for $150/$99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133299&cm_re=Core_X71-_-11-133-299-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133301&cm_re=Core_X31-_-11-133-301-_-Product

Or if you have the room you could look at the core X9 the egg still has the white one for $99 after rebate...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133278&cm_re=Core_X9-_-11-133-278-_-Product

I just got the X9 but have yet to start the build not a bad case for the $$$$

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better View Post

There are several Phanteks cases that would fit the bill perfectly...
Another vote for Phanteks. Can't speak for other cases, but I love my Enthoo Primo. Build quality is top notch and the case feels very solid. As I was slowly building up and expanding my loop I really started to appreciate how well thought it was eg offset mobo tray to accommodate thick rads and extra spacing for top fan mount, separate PSU chamber to reduce cable clutter, well placed and abundant cable grommets, Velcro straps for excellent cable management and so on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Case labs make the best cases
Case Labs Cases are more than worth the money over the other cases they are completely customize able and can grow with you. they are not made of cheap plastic and stamped steel. not a single piece of plastic in them. you can replace any part of them if you want or need to. For water cooling there is not a better case.
Again I will say for water cooling there is not a better case than a case labs case. They are cheaper ones, ones that you have to cram everything into but to build a nice looking water cooled computer there is not one that is better!!!
we get it dude, but not everyone wants to spend top notch $$$

some are on a budget

im actually saving up now for my TH10 or A

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts