Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so far yet to complete my "Things i need" for my WC System, i just need to know. Do i have to have a reservoir or T-Line? If i need any, which one whould i get? Which is better? Should i get both?

Btw ... Whats a T-Line, Y-Line, or whatever Line and whats it purpose O_O

Thanks ^^

-Muss

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussafry
I have so far yet to complete my "Things i need" for my WC System, i just need to know. Do i have to have a reservoir or T-Line? If i need any, which one whould i get? Which is better? Should i get both?

Btw ... Whats a T-Line, Y-Line, or whatever Line and whats it purpose O_O

Thanks ^^

-Muss
A t or y line is just an addition to your current setup, its a fitting that attaches to hoses, with a 3rd hose that us preferably sealed. T-lines are the best for quick filling and bleeding off air in the system.

After having done my WC without a T, I think I made a big mistake.

A reservoir is really up to you, it doesnt necessarily change the performance of the system. I have a 5.25" bay reservoir, mainly for looks.

So to answer your questions:

T-line = mainly for adding a bleeder line/filler line
Y-line = same as T line, OR for taking two hoses and reducing to one.
Reservoir = simply adds more coolant to the system, doesnt impact cooling much if at all. More aesthetics than performance.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
a T line and reservoir are both used to fill and bleed the system. a T line is cheaper, but then if u have the room the reservoir is easier to use. I have a reservoir, because it looks nice and is a good way to maintain your water.
but one of these things are pretty much nessasary to get water into the system. and if u want a reservoir, any of them are good enough, i say a single 5 1/2 inch bay one, as thats plenty and you usally have plenty of room for them.

EDIT: LOL, 1 hour no respnse, and we respond within the same 5 minutes...haha

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
At least our responses agree with each other...to some extent. Rather than confusing the crap out of him...hehehe

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i get confused easily ... Anywyas, ill go for a T line, whats the best i can get. Also Where did u get the 5.25" Resvoir bay? That sounds sweet.

Thanks

-Muss 0_0

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Not familiar with places that ship to Qatar...

and the T-line can be bought at a plumbing or hardware store.

Just match the diameters of the T-line to the inner diameter of the tubing.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont need to ship to Qatar, USA is ok. i just need a good T-Line, cuz i might go to USA in the summer and i need to kwno everything im getting. My tubing is 3/8" and if it makes a difference, it tygon tubing with metal clamps O_O

-Muss

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussafry
ok cool, thanks
And Dtek does ship to Qatar is case you are interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts